SO MUCH FOR PREVIOUS TRADITIONAL MORALS

by REBORNAGAIN 78 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

Well, I get the feeling minds are closed here about this issue. No room for exploring the ramifications of certain types of behavior.

It's not about right or wrong. And, yes, when someone brings their wife along, every now and then you will catch him giving

her a little squeeze and hug and maybe even a kiss on the mouth. Mama and Daddy do that all the time in front of their children.

But, God forbid, I voice a concern that it might actually confuse a small child to see two men doing this. I'm not saying it's right

or wrong. I'm just saying I don't want to be responsible for confusing my child by exposing him too early to this. Close-minded and dogmatic

beliefs one way are just as bad as they are the other way. You all aren't even trying to see that there might....there just might....be a problem

here. You're too concerned about being all-embracing of everybody and being "politically correct" to even stop and THINK that there are a lot

of gray areas here.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Well, I get the feeling minds are closed here about this issue. No room for exploring the ramifications of certain types of behavior.

Journey-on, you are the one not paying attention.

I will put it as simply as possible.

You are right! Sexualizing relationships for small children is not the best thing for them. The sexual orientation is not the issue though.

Please answer my question.

1. Would you have heterosexual sex with your husband in front of your children?
    2. Would you 'make out' with your spouse in front of your children?

If you answer yes, then you are a hypocrite

If you answer no, then why make a homo/heterosexual argument about it? The sexual orientation should not even enter the picture.

Otherwise, I cannot understand how normal accepted public displays of affection between two men/ two woman/ or a man and woman would be confusing.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Ok, I'm probably going to get slammed here. Let me say to begin with I have 2 gay uncles....since the 70's and I am very close to them.

I am no homophobic by any stretch of the imagination.

What I have seen not only from my uncles, but any gay friends I have had...and these are gays in their 30's plus to their 70's....

A "teenager in heat" type behaivor, no matter what the age and in a relationship or not. If they see some one, (and I am not talking kids)....that they are attracted to the behaivor is outrageous. The effeminate speaking or trying to... with lisping of words, the notorious limp wrist, flirting like mad.....foolish behaivor and even exposing body parts no one wants to see.....its really disgusting. As disgusting as any teenagers out of control.

I never wanted my kids to see this from anyone and I didn't want to either.

Ya know those bumber stickers that say "gay pride", well, I want one that says heterosexual pride..... Who in the hell cares.....keep it to yourself. I don't care what you do, just don't behave badly about it or flap around like a silly teenager when you are an adult.

OK...Now everyone can nail me to the wall for not being politcally correct......by the way I am an Independent leaning towards Democratic candidates and have no religious connections at this point in my life.

Have at me.

r.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Im not going to slam you restrang, just the same point as Im trying to make with JO.

You guys are making this a homosexual issue when it is not. It is a human behavior issue.

Yes, some gays make bad choices about what they do in public. Guess what!!! So do some Heterosexuals, married couples even.

Seeing two dudes making out in public is no more confusing to a young child as seeing two heteros making out.

If it is confusing for a hetero child to see two men making out, then lets also put the shoe on the other foot. It is confusing for a gay or lesbian child to see a man and woman making out.

• IP_SEC
  • nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Have at me.

r.

You mean in a "teenager in heat" kinda way?

• BFD
    BFD

From what I understand your initial question is that you are concerned that a 6 year old child will witness displays of natural affection between two men and this may or may not result in some emotional/psychological damage. I don't think it makes a hill of beans difference whether a child witnesses two people (mama/dad, mama/mama, dad/dad) display appropriate affection for each other. My mind is not closed.

Why do you think a homosexual display of affection is psychologically/emotionaly damaging to a child?

BFD

• journey-on
    journey-on

IP SEC

In all due respect, you have misunderstood what I am saying. Children do NOT get confused when they see Daddy

pat Mama on the behind and plant a wet one on her mouth. That is not a SEXUAL ACT. It is more than a "high five"

and more than a "hand shake" and more than a "hug", but it is not what anybody would call a sexual act. However,

if two men patted each other's behinds and planted nice sweet wet kisses on the mouth in the same manner, this is

going to CONFUSE a young child. Period. I'm NOT saying the act is right or wrong or normal or not normal. Period.

I'm saying it IS confusing to a child and there is the possiblility we might be opening a psychological can of worms by

exposing them to this TOO early. Period.

• BFD
    BFD

r, all I can say is find new gay friends.

BFD

• journey-on
    journey-on

I'm all about the kids, guys. No apologies. Society has messed with the emotional and psychological makeup

of children too long, and we need to ethically consider the ramifications of societal behaviors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit