SO MUCH FOR PREVIOUS TRADITIONAL MORALS

by REBORNAGAIN 78 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I'm all about the kids, guys. No apologies. Society has messed with the emotional and psychological makeup

of children too long, and we need to ethically consider the ramifications of societal behaviors.

100% agreed!

That's why I say to hell with religion and puritanical morality that has done nothing to protect kids!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Ok JO,

Ignorance confuses people (including children)

If affection shown between two men is not sexualized, then how could it be confusing? In some cultures it is normal for hetero men to kiss. Do children find this confusing? I dont know but I kinda dont think so.

Now if a child is raised in an intolerant homophobic environment, then yes, they might find seeing two men kiss confusing.

In this case, ignorance is the enemy, not homosexuals.

Like I said before, what are we to do? If homosexual affection confuses hetero children, wouldnt heterosexual affection confuse homosexual children?

• journey-on
    journey-on
    puritanical morality

I agree.

Balance is the key. I'm all about balance....oh, yea, and all about the kids.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    puritanical morality

I agree.

Balance is the key. I'm all about balance....oh, yea, and all about the kids.

We're good then.

and all that

• BFD
    BFD

I feel as invisible as JC in 1914

Work it out yourself.

BFD

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I feel as invisible as JC in 1914

Work it out yourself.

Ahhh commer BFD. Give big daddy a hug.

• journey-on
    journey-on

BFD

You're not invisible...

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

J-O,

Just wondering, if the child does get confused, why couldn't you un-confuse them? It's usually pretty easy for adults to un-confuse a 6-year-old.

Also, maybe you're not giving the 6-year-old enough credit for his/her natural, healthy, and irrepressible intuition about normal, healthy love.

I think that our cultural double-standards are the most confusing things of all.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

You're not invisible, BFD.

You're being ignored because answering your simple question may be making someone uncomfortable.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I must say this . think that a strait person is just as likely to be a pedophile as a gay person . I think I would trust my children around an openly gay person as I would a strait person. I don't trust anyone with my children, So the question of gayness isn't really a problem , my chidren know what gay means and it's a total non issue just like they know there are people with different skin and hair and intelligence.

Education is the key it saves confusion , mistakes , and poor choices. Don't leave your dhildren in the dark on a mistaken assumption you are protecting them from something or it would appear permissive , Give them knowledge and good decision making skills not a judgemental and predisposed mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit