SO MUCH FOR PREVIOUS TRADITIONAL MORALS

by REBORNAGAIN 78 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

What do you not get JO? You presented the contrived situation?

• lalliv01
    lalliv01
    Groups with "Family" in their name

I am also wary of orgs. that use heritage in their title or name.

Having said that, Philadelphia did the right thing. There are people

who think the Constitution of the U.S. only applies to them.

They are wrong.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

First, being openly very affectionate is a subjective thing.

Agreed.

Would you have any concerns whatsoever allowing that little boy to go off with them

for this period of time?

I'm not sure I'd let such a young child of mine go anywhere with anyone other than myself for such an extended period of time.

It's about psychologically confusing a little child.

What's confusing about being exposed to reality?

Besides, I'm confused about something else in this discussion.

Is it being suggested that homosexual couples will be taking care of the boys and engaging in open displays of affection in their presence?

Do heterosexual Scoutmasters bring their wives or girlfriends on these outings and then engage in open displays of affection with them in front of the boys?

• journey-on
    journey-on

IP SEC

What do you not get JO? You presented the contrived situation?

Poster said "nor with Uncle Bill and Aunt Jaqueline". I would have no qualms about that.

This situation is real, not contrived. Do you allow a young child to vacation with an openly gay family couple who hug and kiss as normal married people do? I'm not for or against it. I'm just uncertain how it will effect him. I'm concerned he may "experiment" later thinking this is normal, then become totally confused. I would feel responsible for having placed him in this position too early, thereby emotionally or psychologically causing damage. It's a real concern.
  • nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I'm concerned he may "experiment" later thinking this is normal, then become totally confused.

If a kid wants to "experiment" he/she is going to.

Normal?

LOL!

It is normal if he/she is gay or lesbian.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Do you allow a young child to vacation

No, I do not allow a six year old to go on vacation without me.

gay family couple who hug and kiss as normal married people do?

Normal? I do not understand what you mean by normal. As opposed to abnormal?

I'm concerned he may "experiment" later

So what?

thinking
    this is normal, then become totally confused.

He/she wont be confused if he's/she's not gay. It wont be for he/she.

I would feel responsible for having placed him
    in this position too early, thereby emotionally or psychologically causing damage. It's a real concern.

Sexualizing any relationship even between mom and dad to children at an early age is not good. The sexual ori is not the issue. Would you have hetero sex in front of your kids? Would you pet heavy in front of your kid? You see its not the sexual orientation.

• BFD
    BFD
    I'm concerned he may "experiment" later thinking this is normal, then become totally confused. I would feel responsible for having placed him in this position too early, thereby emotionally or psychologically causing damage. It's a real concern.

I'm glad to know you're not homophobic.

Why would you think natural affection would cause emotional/phychological damage to a child?

BFD

• journey-on
    journey-on

Nvr

Read some of Junction guy's posts. My heart hurt for him when I first read his posts about his confusion. What

mother/grandmother would want to unintentionally make a decision that would create those kinds of problems for

that child? I agree. Homosexuality is what it is. You cannot change it, nor would you want to. It is who they are

and imo how they were born.We love all our family members whoever and whatever they are....even the JW ones.

My concern is HOW and WHEN to expose him to this lifestyle without risking confusion to him. Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

Again, it's not about turning him gay, it's about sexual confusion early on that may have a detrimental effect on him.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Not having read his posts I might suppose this pain and confusion came from his religious beliefs, not whether or not he was gay.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Nvr

Read some of Junction guy's posts. My heart hurt for him when I first read his posts about his confusion. What

mother/grandmother would want to unintentionally make a decision that would create those kinds of problems for

that child? I agree. Homosexuality is what it is. You cannot change it, nor would you want to. It is who they are

and imo how they were born.We love all our family members whoever and whatever they are....even the JW ones.

My concern is HOW and WHEN to expose him to this lifestyle without risking confusion to him. Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

Again, it's not about turning him gay, it's about sexual confusion early on that may have a detrimental effect on him.

Before getting into all of the above, did you read this...

Besides, I'm confused about something else in this discussion.

Is it being suggested that homosexual couples will be taking care of the boys and engaging in open displays of affection in their presence?

Do heterosexual Scoutmasters bring their wives or girlfriends on these outings and then engage in open displays of affection with them in front of the boys?

Look at IP_SEC's thoughts and you pretty much have my thoughts as well.

We're mostly on the same page with this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit