SO MUCH FOR PREVIOUS TRADITIONAL MORALS

by REBORNAGAIN 78 Replies latest jw friends

• karvel
    karvel

so many haters on this forum. in the watson thread and now this.

• oompa
    oompa

I have heard from pretty good gay sources, that gays are just like heteros in the sense they they like people of their own kind....ie..age group or perhaps a little younger. Hetero or gay, those who would rather be eye-balling some teens and much lower, are the ones that kids should be protected from, no matter what the sex....oompa

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

To the homophobes:

You ignorant, ignorant people. Get your heads out of your asses and join the rest of civilization. We're sick of waiting for you to catch up.

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

I'M SORRY! I had no idea this topic was going to make a few of you upset. Guess it's the WTS influence still within me that makes it hard for me to accept the Gay lifestyle.

The message I had posted I got from AFA, they are against anything that is Anti-Christian. There are a lot of people in this world pro and contra to the Gay lifestyle. It is true even the hetero's can be guilty of the bad just as much, if not more so. Again, I'm sorry if this stirred up some emotions. I had no idea. I was just shocked that the BSA were confronted with something that they felt was wrong. And yes, I too think if they want subsidies from the US Government they should be in agreement to what the Government expects of them. And since they obviously aren't, maybe they should go private. I don't know. I'm ignorant to alot and I beg for your forgiveness and when it comes to Gay people, I know a few who are very sincere and nice people and would be there for me too if I ever needed them.

LINDA

• karvel
    karvel
    I beg for your forgiveness

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Once again I must tell you, Linda, your open-mindedness is refreshing and very much admired.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Linda, it's good you came back and posted that.

One of the most important things about leaving the JW mentality is to leave behind is acceptance of intolerance (not to say we must tolerate behaviors are clearly harmful or criminal). Homosexuality is no more a choice then heterosexuality. They are merely different ways to express human closeness.

Groups with "Family" in their name (like the American Family Association) promote acceptance of their intolerant, narrow view of how human love should be expressed, holding scriptures out that they believe all must follow -- all Christian denominations, as well as Moslem, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist and atheist. They want their narrow views enforced on a multi-religious and multi-cultural society. They want discrimination inscripted into our nation's laws, and have succeeded to some extent (hence the quandary the Philadelphia Boy Scout group finds itself in).

Going from believing the JW's to believing what the AFA says is like going from the frying pan to the fire. Until more people quit listening to such narrow-minded and mean-spirited views, American law and politics will continue to be blinded by religious zealotry.

Formerly it was women in society who were asked to "keep their place". That changed. Later it was minorities, mainly blacks who were told to "keep their place". That changed. Now homosexuals are being asked to "keep their place" by groups like AFA. That too will change (once American law reflects more enlightenment).

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I love you too.

I'm glad you didn't take my question personally.

Aww Nvr

• BFD
    BFD

REBORNAGAIN, I suggest you have some a lot growing to do.

BFD

• journey-on
    journey-on

May I ask a sensitive question? If a young male child around six years old observes openly affectionate gay men on

a regular basis, will this confuse him? Would it make him "experiment" later on thinking this may be what you are supposed

to do? I need to know for personal reasons. Before you attack me, let me assure you I am in no way homophobic. I've just

never really been around homosexuals that openly demonstrate their affection and now I have a personal issue I will soon have to

address.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit