Do you expect the man in the marriage to be strong.

by free2beme 79 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

Some chivalry is good but not to this point, masculinity means precisely energy directed outwards to deal effectively with situations and people in the outer world.

This man seems to be spineless but then again it may be due to some kind of psychlogical complex from childhood that stopped his emotional development plus the enervating influence of his cult.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    IMO, women NEED the man to be the strong one when emotions are touchy.

Most women are strong on their own. And why would we need a man during emotionally touchy situations? Because we are incapable of handling things in a cool collected, logical manner? Women respect a man with strength, because we appreciate that same trait we possess in the opposite sex.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    Because we are incapable of handling things in a cool collected, logical manner?

Said so well!

• sparrow
    sparrow

The guy obviously has issues from somewhere. My wife is, in day to day stuff, the stronger person. She does the dirty work when it comes to things like telling a tradesman to come back and fix his work, or telling the bank off for screwing us over or getting money of someone that owes us - that's her personalilty. However I think I am strong when it comes to emergencies but it's because I have seen more on that side - not because of my personality. That's just life.

It's like anything in a marriage or friendship - your weaknesses can be her/his strength and visa versa. And if not you just have to deal with the gap by learning to cope (or have a wine)

• freyd
    freyd

I agree, women just don't know when to quit. I was always attracted to strong women. They have an inner strength that makes most men, if they'll admit it, kind of whimpy. And you know what they say about great men and great women behind them. The only thing most of us are good for is making $$$.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    I agree, women just don't know when to quit. I was always attracted to strong women. They have an inner strength that makes most men, if they'll admit it, kind of whimpy. And you know what they say about great men and great women behind them. The only thing most of us are good for is making $$$.

Where have you been all my life? lol

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    And why would we need a man during emotionally touchy situations?

Hey, you're one of the women I was talking about! You're making up for today's feminine man. Good job!

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    Said so well!

Oh, Kerj, now you did it, you are so off my msn list now! LOL

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    And why would we need a man during emotionally touchy situations?

Hey, you're one of the women I was talking about! You're making up for today's feminine man. Good job!

Thank you, I think.

• freyd
    freyd

I've had a theory about women being, you know, assets. You either are worth something intrinsically or you're capable of producing something intrinsically. But in the end, it belongs to me, in exchange for love. It's kind of like on the farm. When the wife went and sold eggs in town, the money wasn't hers. It belonged to the farm. Nowadays, women have jobs and they think the money is theirs. Hogwash. And don't forget, you need to be able to do the dirty work and be beautiful doing it. If not interested, don't PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit