Do you expect the man in the marriage to be strong.

by free2beme 79 Replies latest jw friends

• freyd
    freyd

And it's going to stay a man's world.

• eclipse
    eclipse

Keep repeating that over and over again, freydmake it your personal mantra., it suits you.

• freyd
    freyd

It works for me.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Have you ever seen that symbol for Yin and Yang? It's all curley, and each part fits in perfectly with the other. It's black and white. My supposition is that it's a little less well defined than it looks graphically, and that each partner, in an absolutely good marriage, fills in for the other partner when the other partner's weaknesses are at the forefront.

Sure, it is completely good when a man can be what us Westerners think a "man" should be, if he is up to the challenge. That would indicate that his wife is more supplicating and bows to his decisions. In Western culture, we have women that have their own careers, thoughts, feelings, etc. and they are empowered to express the same. That's very secure because it follows the old traditional rules that we are all subjected to.

That provides an interesting playing field.

One good thing about our culture (Western) is that women are provided these choices. They must then find a mate that agrees with those choices and can forget about typical stereotyping and just go with the flow. I think that is the message in the Yin and Yang, there is much flow. Some guys don't want to be the breadwinner, they want to be the Home Dad. Some girls don't want to be homemakers, they want to be the breadwinners. It just all depends on the individual couple. If you get a breadwinner girl, and a Home Dad, it's good. They are both there for the kids, albeit the roles being switched. These reversed roles (they're only reversed in our trained minds) complement each other.

There's nothing wrong with a woman who is strong, with a weaker man. It is just what people prefer, and as long as I've been alive, there is nothing wrong with people doing what they prefer, unless it hurts someone else. Apparently, he is a Drama King, and that just may be what he needs to get through this. He needs more attention. This is his wife that is sick, after all, and he just may feel lost without her. She may have babied him, and he is truly just lost. You just never know.

A little compassion never hurts anyone.

CG

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Keep repeating that over and over again, freydmake it your personal mantra., it suits you.

Eclipse - don't bother with him. He's probably just an imature kid who doesn't know anything about women yet, let alone what it means to be a man.

nj

• eclipse
    eclipse

He's probably just an imature kid who doesn't know anything about women, let alone what it means to be a man.

nj

I bet BFD, saywhat29, and the other great gay men here could show him what it means to be respected by a man

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    But then again I'm sure there is some woman out there that is so beaten down, with no self esteem or self respect that would be willing to put up with a man that thinks that way. She'll allow him to treat her as property instead and continue to have no self esteem or self respect.

I find it's the higher self-esteemed women who are more attracted to men like this. Lower self-esteemed women are the ones who enjoy the constant attention and affirmation of men who devote their lives to pleasing women.

• Cold Creek Swimmer
    Cold Creek Swimmer

I bet BFD, saywhat29, and the other great gay men here could show him what it means to be respected by a man

That's good stuff, Eclipse. ROFLMAO.

CCS

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    I find it's the higher self-esteemed women who are more attracted to men like this. Lower self-esteemed women are the ones who enjoy the constant attention and affirmation of men who devote their lives to pleasing women.

Nos, I have to disagree with you on that. Take a couple more years like 10 to mature a little and you may change your mind. A woman with high self esteem doesn't need a man to make them feel like a woman or do anything else for them.

They especially don't want a man that attempts to control or demean them.

nj

• John Doe
    John Doe

Women were put in the world to completely oppose anything a man does, says, or thinks. Naturally, the man has to be strong to keep a sense of civility in the midst of so much womanly vile, consternation, and diarrhea. If he is not strong, then the woman does her job of monopolizing thoughts and situations and takes over, steering the relationship into chaos. In essence, man is order against chaos, and woman is chaos against order. They're real bitches too. ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit