Do you expect the man in the marriage to be strong.

by free2beme 79 Replies latest jw friends

• freyd
    freyd

Eclipse, is it true that the only thing for a woman worse than being thought of as a sex object is not being thought of as a sex object?

• brinjen
    brinjen
    This is still a man's world, honey.

Yes sweety pie

is it true that the only thing for a woman worse than being thought of as a sex object is not being thought of as a sex object?

You haven't dealt with women in a loong time have you?

• eclipse
    eclipse
    Eclipse, is it true that the only thing for a woman worse than being thought of as a sex object is not being thought of as a sex object?

Freyd, If you are asking me that, then you have no clue what or how women think. The worst thing for a woman is to be disrespected and abused or raped. There are women who like being sex-objects, often it is their source of a good income. I do not look down on those women, since that life-style is what makes them happy. There are women who prefer to be viewed as intelligent, independent and strong. There are women who prefer to be a good wife and mother, and take pride in doing so. There are women who are damaged and because of lack of self-esteem are in abusive relationships because they feel that they don't deserve any better, or have been so beat down, that they fear leaving. Their fears are justified because those men would kill them and their children for leaving. A healthy relationship is where both parties are equal in respect and love, neither one is put down, both views are heard and respected. Both parties are considered important. That applies to any relationship, heterosexual or homosexual. That you even ask if women think that the worst thing for them is to not be viewed as sex-objects is just ignorant.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I didn't say anything about dieing, I said I predict he'd be a lonley man. But then again I'm sure there is some woman out there that is so beaten down, with no self esteem or self respect that would be willing to put up with a man that thinks that way. She'll allow him to treat her as property instead and continue to have no self esteem or self respect.

Maybe if and when he grows up and matures he'll think differently.

There is someone for everyone I guess!

nj

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Should take that crap back to the JW's and the KH where it's accepted!

nj

• freyd
    freyd

Yes, it's getting harder to deal with women since they want to be more like men. You're not our equal, no matter what you've been told. No offense. You were designed for a specific purpose, and it wasn't to be co-boss. You were made to be loved, not respected.

• eclipse
    eclipse

freyd,

Good luck with finding a woman who will put up with your 1600's attitude.

I think you will probably be happier being gay...at least you might get some action then.

• freyd
    freyd

LOL

• eclipse
    eclipse

Should take that crap back to the JW's and the KH where it's accepted!

nj

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I think it is the responsibility of each partner to be strong when the other needs support.

No one role should be pidgeonholed into being the "pillar" of the relationship. This is, though, quite an ideal and a largely unrealistic one at that.

Men have been told for millenia that they need to bottle up their feelings and remain strong.
    Women have been perceived and treated as "weaker" and many still fall into that mindset yielding

Then the respective sexist movements try to break down the barriers but end up flying to the other side.

So we have today's strong independent woman that "doesn't need a man" and super effeminate men that are all a blubber in emotion.

All that is attained in that is role reversal, but balance is still eschew. Balance seems to be the most difficult thing in our lives to achieve.

Yes, women may not "need a man", but it sure is nice to have a reliable partner to be able to lean on from time to time. Men should be in touch with their emotions, but not let themselves get consumed by it.

That's just my take on it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit