Our PO just confess to one of us: He doesn't believe anymore

by outofthebox 84 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Oh sweet lord, erandir, I just got flashbacks of my ex-husband.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

When I was a dub, The cultic words were.. "After service". "After the ministry" just sounds fake to, me.

"After service" is what the brothers in the USA say. "After the ministry" is what the brothers from the UK say- I reckon he is a Brit.

Dont forget Our Kingdom Service was changed to Our Kingdom Ministry

• restrangled
    restrangled

I've got a problem with the entire "outofthebox" Group.

Group? Only one of you have computer skills? (I guess that is not so far fetched)...but I can't imagine a number of people sitting around a screen and only one responding, and all deciding at the same time to join JWD. Then suddenly the PO admits to apostate thinking......I'm 48 years old, raised in the borg, and never, have I heard of such a story......unless, you are in the process of getting nailed. My mom used the same tactics when I was a teenager, and she learned that from the WBTS.

You have got to get seperate accounts and post each as a single person. Something does not add up.

If you are legit thats great and all are very welcome, but until I see some "real" posts, I will remain skeptical.

r.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

""this would be awesome if it was true. i'm finding your posts very hard to believe. sorry." I dont mean to sound direspectful here, so please excuse me if I am out of line, but has anyone else noticed the flood of newbies posting their first thread introducing themselves? I think it's great to have new members, but most of us joined JWD and lurked for a while before getting the courgage to be vocal. I guess it could be possible in light of recent events, i.e Barbara Anderson's CD and the Sept KM, but could something else be going on?" Has anyone noticed, additionally, how many old-timers here are saying "good-bye" lately? Perhaps "newbies" aren't such an oddity after all?

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    Has anyone noticed, additionally, how many old-timers here are saying "good-bye" lately?

YES!!! I know what happened w/ BigD and supported his decision, in fact thanked him for it. I am glad things were resolved and we are back, but I don't get the rest. Are they starting an apostate apostate group?

• BrentR
    BrentR

He/she probably left after the "warm welcome" everyone gave him. What is wrong with giving a new member the benefit of the doubt? I would rather have 50 trolls on the forum then have one legitimate new member ran out of town by a torch carrying mob. Trolls can be banned but how do you get someone back that right out of the chute was crapped on?

If given enough rope a BS'er will hang themselves.

If OTB was a troll nobody has been harmed or hurt in any way. If they were legite then I don't blame him/her for going elswhere.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

Brent, I couldn't have said it better.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I have confidence in the moderators to be the ones to determine who is a troll and who isn't.

Back when I first joined a whole thread deteriorated into calling me a troll. I allready had close to 20-30 posts and I mentioned that I visited other craft related forums also. Then the flood gates opened on me. It was only after I asked them to check with Mulan who knows my entire family that they finally stopped. Not one of them ever apologized. If I did not have a reference member who knows how long that would have gone on. I sure as hell would have left after that wonderful greeting.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Since I am a new member also, I find it interesting that the level of skepticism is so high here.

I am certainly not judging anyone adversely for said skepticism (thankfully I have learned to shake that common JW trait), but I am curious as to why this is so.

I have to assume that this forum has had its share of moles or trolls in the past. Is that true? Could someone tell me about an example of an actual "troll" or point to a previous thread? I would find that interesting and educational.

Thanks.

The Oracle

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Oracle,

You have a PM. Check your inbox.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit