Your most hated Kingdom Songs ever...

by B_Deserter 109 Replies latest jw experiences

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

The only thing worse than the songs themselves is having to sing them without accompanying music during blackouts...especially if they were one of those obscure ones that you sing once a year and no one knows the tune to them...scratching nails on a blackboard sounded better..what a nightmare!!!!

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

Times like those I wish I was with those African brothers who could actually hold a tune!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In reply to the "ignominious" in a song, the word means involving total loss of dignity. The letters "igno" would imply that the person involved would be ignored or that people would be ignorant of the person's former glory. The word is not that common, especially among janitors and window washers like Jehovah's Witlesses are. However, I hope the Tower goes down ignominiously.

Perhaps that's why so many people get this wrong when singing. Hardly anyone is educated very well! People like Stillanexjwelder would probably do better, being better educated--however, the average Witless is not endowed with a medical degree or Ph.D. (Hey, I still remember the a$$embly talk where the speaker referred to such as D.E.A.D.!)

• shell69
    shell69

This topic has had me laffin all day! I rang my husband recommending that he look at at worrk.... hell man! I ended up singing pathetic songs down the line till he told me to shut up!!... he'd had enuff!!!

Shell

• wednesday
    wednesday

the one that says " like bees that are molested" ugh what horrible words.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Song 23....

• Open mind
    Open mind

Invariably the "molested bees" will get mentioned on a thread like this. I don't have a song book handy right now so I can't tell you the Song #. Anyway, that song talks about the Debil's minions coming after the JWs "like bees that were molested".

Now, even among the dubs, that line always brings smiles and snickers. (At least at our K Hall.)

But, it gets worse. The singer is also supposed to HELP THE BEES MASTURBATE!!! Here it is:

"But I can ever BEAT THEM OFF".

hahahahahaha

Anybody else ever notice that one?

Open Mind

• DiscoSandy
    DiscoSandy

Something that went like this . . . "Let's watch how we walk, and watch how we talk". The canned recorded music was awful, too.

The church I attend now has an ensemble of musicians that play every Sunday. The music is lively and the worship service is so uplifting. We mix it up and sing a variety of contemporary and traditional songs. Quite a contrast !

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

There is one that has the word. "THRONG" in it and someone around me always ended up saying THONG instead and made me laugh ....

• prophecor
    prophecor

Apocalypse now:

Dark days are here! Man lives in fear! With dire expectation, as to all creation... Having no hope, blindly they grope. Bla bla (can't remember).. Ballerina part: But the Bible gives us a reason for cheer Doodoo all the proof that the kingdom is near I'm about to throw up this song is so queer Raise yourself erect you have nothing to fear We must have been out of our minds. Can you imagine what anyone would think upon coming into the Hall for the first time? Hearing the tinkly piano on the recording, and all these folks singing these really strange songs? It's rather frightening when I sit back and look at it from a distance. Really eerie stuff. Does anyone have the words to, "Lets Watch How We Preach"? Geeze, that song was annoying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit