Your most hated Kingdom Songs ever...

by B_Deserter 109 Replies latest jw experiences

• KW13
    KW13

More words from song #8: "Theocratic order they must all obey and remain united, loyalty display." "Then we have God's 'steward' and his active force, These will ever guide us in our Christian course."

Actually I used to like the kingdom songs. I didn't sing them much as I was the piano player. I found it fun to embellish them, and I would get lots of compliments. It's strange now that I find most of them disgusting. I see now how they are designed to program us into blind obedience to the cult.

aaaaaaaaah i was dead proud of myself for forgetting the rest of it too lol.

You are right, it is for brainwashing...you were actually lucky to be a piano player and have a piano, by my time it was tapes of the Kingdom Melodies.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Apocalypse now: Dark days are here! Man lives in fear! With dire expectation, as to all creation... Having no hope, blindly they grope. Bla bla (can't remember).. Ballerina part: But the Bible gives us a reason for cheer Doodoo all the proof that the kingdom is near I'm about to throw up this song is so queer Raise yourself erect you have nothing to fear
    LOL @ Gopher!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Highlander - Like Bonnie Clyde, I played the piano at the hall, back in the day when they allowed it. There were only a few Kingdom songs that I really enjoyed playing. Most of them were pretty mechanical including "The Bible's Hope For Mankind" - the one I parodied there. I goofed around with them at home, but had to play them straight at the Kingdom Hall.

• 5go
    5go

All I can say after reading this is thank jehober I got iTunes on my computer to get his crap out of my head!

• R.F.
    R.F.

I hated No. 8 too. The mind control just comes in all facets of JW worship.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Gopher,

I remember those days well. I was born and raised in small town Minnesota, where I attended a congregation in which my mom was the piano player. I think we had our piano for much of the 80s.

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Song #1114 - God's Loyal Love (becuase it's the longest one in the book). The song that has the line "like bees that were molested, I will ever beat them off." And the one that says "We must act together as one, independence wisely we shun". And I would be remiss if I left off my wife's all-time least favorite: #134, "Carry on as Men". I never noticed how sexist the song was until my wife pointed it out. But I guess if I was a female, it would be weird to sing lines like "May we be courageous; carry on as men" and "Manly courage is a sure requirement of Jehovah's people, young and old".

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I thought the lamest one was "Happy, the Merciful". They had that last line that we were only supposed to sing after the last verse. Every time we sang it only a few people were singing.

Looking throug the songbook I saw alot of songs I don't remember ever singing. Anyone remember "Jehovah's Dewdrops Among Many Nations"? Me either. What does that even mean?

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

I thought the lamest one was "Happy, the Merciful". They had that last line that we were only supposed to sing after the last verse. Every time we sang it only a few people were singing.

and the ones that did sing it, made it sound like some warped, demented recording. it just kind of fell apart.

• shell69
    shell69

I hate the song that starts 'marriage is gods arrangment'. You know the one that gets dragged out for every wedding!

I flatly refused to use that for my own wedding! Pathetic song for pioneer luvvies when they wed theyre up and coming ministrial servant sweethearts with all the congo smiling aimlessly at this wonderfull new family!

Shell (But I'm not bitter)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit