Your most hated Kingdom Songs ever...

by B_Deserter 109 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gopher
    Gopher

That "Marriage - God's Arrangement" song came up at our last ex-JW meetup. The song says 'cords of three strands are stronger, than those of only two... when God is in a marriage, then problems will be few"

And... how many times did you hear at the Kingdom Hall-- if your mate loves Jehovah MORE than then they love you, your marriage will go just great?

So they're saying Jehovah is a third partner in your marriage! It's actually a 3-some. He's always there. (Ewwwww) So the ideal JW marriage is a triangle with Jehovah on the top.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I just move my lips...in case the Elder on stage is watching....I also pray with one eye open so I can check out the sisters nice butts.....then I notice someone else doing it Awww nuts!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Keep your eyes off her thighs.

Hated it.

• iveseenthelight
    iveseenthelight
    i forgot the song, it's hard to explain, but, it's the one where it goes from sounding very apocalyptical, to like some lame ballerina song.

John Doe did you mean the "Dark days are here, man lives in fear, something something something, something something something..." Heehe, god that song was rubbish. As were the ones that were written in a key that no one could sing and everyone just mumbled.

We had a CO who used to make us sing all those call and reply songs in two parts

MEN - What will you bring, Jehovahs kingdom

Women - triumph of truth and righteousness

Together - Praise teh universal sovereign for his love and something

I know I've gotten all the words wrong, but I'm trying to block that crap out.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Oh no!!! It's taken me years to try and forget all the Kingdom Melodies and one look at this thread and all the music came flooding back into my already overstuffed brain. I think I need to go have a nap. I don't feel very well al of a sudden!

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

As children we played 'Kindom hall, kingdom hall', with those lame @ss songs. Why? That escapes me completely right now, must have been really thick to bring that torture to the playground. But I had to laugh at some of the comments.

I can't think of one song I actualy liked.

Most disliked? The one with the chorus 'send me, send me' Never occured to me to ask where the heck the suits (elders) were sending me. Just assumed these songs were part of God's worship.

Ass/u/me? Making an ASS out of U and ME

• DocBob
    DocBob
    "Firm and determined, in this time of the end...."

This is the song credited to a German JW in a concentration camp, entitled in English, "Forward You Witnesses". In fact, it is referenced in the Holocaust museum in Washington DC.

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/media_so.php?lang=en&ModuleId=10005394&MediaId=3941

This is also my most hated song. Besides being just a bad song, it seems that the author, Erich Frost, was not the steadfast witnesses that both he and the WT make him out to be. According to Gestapo documents, after he was betrayed by August Fehst, Frost ratted out seven other district servants. See http://www.bible.ca/jw-collaboration.htm

• fokyc
    fokyc

I HATE them ALL!!

fokyc

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Anybody ever have the 10 album box set from the old pink songbook? Remember the intro to song #88..Walking in Integrity? Awful....sounded like an orchestra tuning up.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm so glad I don't have to listen to that drivel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit