Your most hated Kingdom Songs ever...

by B_Deserter 109 Replies latest jw experiences

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

We all know that skilled songwriters the brothers are not, so what are your most hated Kingdom Songs? The ones that made you cringe when you saw them listed on the KM or Watchtower?

Mine?

• Any song with improper contractions (giv'n and heav'n). The funniest thing is that it doesn't shorten up the words at all, they're still two syllables no matter how much the brothers wish they weren't
    • The songs with words that haven't been in use for the last 150 years like "capracious," "vivacious," and "efficacious." Or the one with the line "let us serve God with real vigor and vim!" What the hell?
    • The songs with the parts in parentheses that not everyone is supposed to sing but they never specify who's supposed to
  • changeling
    changeling

"Move Ahead". My dad would always move my head.

changeling

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i forgot the song, it's hard to explain, but, it's the one where it goes from sounding very apocalyptical, to like some lame ballerina song.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I hated that stupid one about the Shulamite maiden.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    "Move Ahead". My dad would always move my head.

Awww, Changeling, I think that's endearing. It reminded me of the family "vacation" in 1963 going to California for the assembly. I would always get carsick in the back, so my mother and daddy let me sit between them in the front seat. Everytime we came to a sign on the highway that said "Beware, soft shoulder", Daddy would reach over and squeeze my left shoulder. Your memory triggered one for me, too.

Most hated Kingdom Songs: Everything in the brown book. Ever since live piano playing was discarded for the cold CD's, I've hated the music. I loved the live orchestra music at the assemblies back in the day.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    i forgot the song, it's hard to explain, but, it's the one where it goes from sounding very apocalyptical, to like some lame ballerina song.

Apocalypse now:

Dark days are here! Man lives in fear! With dire expectation, as to all creation... Having no hope, blindly they grope. Bla bla (can't remember).. Ballerina part: But the Bible gives us a reason for cheer Doodoo all the proof that the kingdom is near I'm about to throw up this song is so queer Raise yourself erect you have nothing to fear
  • bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

that's it gopher. god i HATE that song.

i also used to hate when the song had 4 versus. the song was always the part i hated most. i am a huge music lover, but, couldn't stand kingdom melodies. espically when people would look at me. i never sang, and they'd try to encourage you to sing. i'd think to myself, " hey mother F*#ker, if i want to sing, i will"

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I would always emphasize the stupid parts and even gesture (like pumping my fist when I sang "VIGOR and VIM!!!") and make everyone around me giggle. Sometimes I'd play the foreign accent game, where I'd sing each verse in a different accent.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i just dusted off my song book. i was trying to find the song i was talking about. i had to put it down. it made me want to vomit. anyone go back and look at the crap we used to sing?

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    Everytime we came to a sign on the highway that said "Beware, soft shoulder", Daddy would reach over and squeeze my left shoulder. Your memory triggered one for me, too.

Your dad was nice.

Mine always drew attention to "Dip Ahead"--"hey look, everyone, there's TJ!" (ha ha ha)

And, "Look honey, there's our children..." as the "Slow Children Ahead" sign went by the car.

Man, we felt the love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit