Online Dating

by FreeGirl2006 78 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

Wow, look at the knockers in this thread! I'm almost tempted to read a few posts. ;-)

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    Sassy said - " if you do not have a photo.. it is a waste to even put an ad in a personal. No one will contact you. "

Well, you must not have read down far enough in my post, Sassy... where I said...

Jim_TX Said - "I met my current wife on Match.com. I was just about to give up (plus my one month of paid membership was about to expire), when I 'noticed' her, and sent her an e-mail. We got to talking via e-mail, then over the phone. We met, and the rest is - as they say - history. (Oh - and she had no photo posted. When I asked her what she looked like, she replied that she had two eyes and everything in the right place. I knew from that - she had a sense of humor that I liked.)"

So... if you aren't getting any responses... perhaps they are all jerks who are just looking for one-night stands from someone with mega-boobs.

I also know that it takes a bit of time to filter through the... riff-raff. Yes, I'm talking about gals. When a fella gets to my age, it seems that all that's left are gals that are 2 to 5 years older than I am, who... well... I will try to be polite and just say that they were not my type.

Oh. And just to keep the record straight... guys are not the only ones on dating sites who are looking for a 'one night stand'. Gals do that too.

Regards,

Jim TX

P.S. Keep in mind that many of the 'ads' posted on dating sites are not real. They are there to try to 'lure' individuals into signing up. You will see these 'ads' month after month - year after year. Same photos. Same people. These are put there by folks that are hired to do just that. Maintain a persona (or several) that isn't real - on their dating sites.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

bigd:

i'm not hot stuff, but, always dated beautiful women. my friends would ask how i did it. i'd look at them, and say, well, talk to them like a human, instead of a sex toy.

my little brother is one of these....he is short, has stringy hair, buck (bad) teeth (but he cleans up nice w/ a haircut)....and every single one of his girlfriends (including his current GF as well as his ex-wife) were absolutely beautiful. You would never know it looking at him but he is a great conversationalist. Looks dumb, smart as a whip... more street smart than book smart. He is struggling in college but working his ass off. (he has learning disabilities I think). His current GF...tall blonde just got her Master's in ...something related to social work...she comes from a wealthy family that likes my blue collar brother.... I am proud of him...hope they get married one day.

I always ask him how he does it and he gives me that little sh*t eating grin and shrugs his shoulders.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "snake avatar probably not helping my chances" Sheep Class)

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

sweetstuff...

found no more success that way then online.

I havent tried any of the online sites at this point...such a no no for the JWs.... but of course now that I am a fader I really dont care about their rules and regs.

(I have moved the rest of what I had written to a new topic.. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/141197/1.ashx I am hijacking the thread otherwise )

SnakesInTheTower (of the "decent human being" Sheep Class)

• R.F.
    R.F.
    The rest so far...are already married or too young or old (and I have established a wide age range, so I am not being too picky). Although my pool of choices has widened now that I am not looking for a JW! (I wonder if a girl who never was a JW would really understand a current fading JW?) And to be honest, I think some (not all, some) women are too damn picky...they want that GQ stud and there arent many of them around....

I feel the same way when it comes to my fading JW status. I too wonder if a girl that hasn't been around the religion would ever understand. I too also see the pool of choices being widened now, which is good, so maybe it's just a matter of time before I come across the right one.

I just don't understand the girls my age though sometimes, well at least the ones in my area. They say they want a "nice guy" but they seem to go for the complete opposite, and then alot of the genuine nice guys are looked over and in the same boat as me.

I'm 6'1, 220 lbs, not fat and not muscular, and i've been told by others that i'm very attractive. Im also very strict about my hygeine so that's definite plus. I think one thing that's working against me is that I just look way too young to be a 23 years old. Many people think i'm a teenager until they talk with me, then they are intrigued as to why a teenager talks the way I do, so they ask my age. I definitely think there's alot of room for me to be more assertive, more confident in my approach, so hopefully that will grow in time.

Snakes inspired my slight vent, so thanks for allowing me to lol.

R.F.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Snakes inspired my slight vent, so thanks for allowing me to lol.

R.F.

You have paid your dues and have earned the right to vent, imo. Don't sweat the small stuff. Once you begin your classes, you'll be certain to find someone with the same interest and outlook on life as yourself. The JW's worldview is so narrow and stifling, especially to younger ones. Just give things time ... it'll all come together. You'll see. .

Snowbird

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

and now that I moved my vent to another thread, and RF replied to it here, maybe some are scratching their head and going "huh?" Nah, you did not overlook something, I moved it on you. ....go read the thread.... I could use the help

Snakes ()

• R.F.
    R.F.
    You have paid your dues and have earned the right to vent, imo. Don't sweat the small stuff. Once you begin your classes, you'll be certain to find someone with the same interest and outlook on life as yourself. The JW's worldview is so narrow and stifling, especially to younger ones. Just give things time ... it'll all come together. You'll see. .

Thanks snowbird. I hope you're right.

R.F.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    I havent tried any of the online sites at this point...such a no no for the JWs.... but of course now that I am a fader I really dont care about their rules and regs.

My JW mother met her JW elder husband on www.jw-connect.com. He was SEPARATED and dating my mom. They got married a few days after his divorce was final. I believe there is also www.jwmatch.com. Both sites make you enter info from the current KM to become a member.

Wow, look at the knockers in this thread! I'm almost tempted to read a few posts. ;-)

AND, once again, I proved my point!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

This thread needs more:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit