Online Dating

by FreeGirl2006 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

I wish I had nice stories to tell you but I don't. I did the online thing for almost a year and met quite a few jerks. Mind you, this was on a JW singles website...the brothers on there were perverts and the ones who were MS's and elders were soooo full of themselves. I met a total of 4 guys in person and with the exception of one "brother" they were a bunch of jerks. Too bad I wasn't attracted to the brother, he was too short, didn't shower and was cheap no ass!!!

• Sassy
    Sassy
    Okay... suggestion here... remove the photo. That seems to be the 'current' problem. If they ask for one - you decide if you want to actually send them one, but you might try - initially to get to know them via e-mails - which would help eliminate some of the losers (poor spelling is a big clue).

if you do not have a photo.. it is a waste to even put an ad in a personal. No one will contact you.

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

I think he meant put up a more decent shot of yourself, chances of you finding a healthy meaningful relationship is greater if you're not wearing something that makes you look easy

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    So tell me purps, what is your opinion of the guys in general in our area?

RF

I typed out about 5 things to reply to your question.

I have a really difficult time with men in this area.

I tried to change to fit in,

When I think about it too much, it makes me sad

purps

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233
    if you do not have a photo.. it is a waste to even put an ad in a personal. No one will contact you

So put up a more conservatiove photo. Maybe just your face, or a full body where you are wearing some not so revealing attire. If you put your t*ts on display, guys will look at them! Don't give them more of a motive to oogle you. Play it classy and you'll get better responses.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Actually tex, I didn't say that. The OP did.

Sweetstuff - just so you know... the 'scary' bit goes both ways. I was on a couple of dating sites for a while, and there are some reeeeeally scary gals out there, too.

"I am busty and the current picture reveals that little fact)"

Okay... suggestion here... remove the photo. That seems to be the 'current' problem. If they ask for one - you decide if you want to actually send them one, but you might try - initially to get to know them via e-mails - which would help eliminate some of the losers (poor spelling is a big clue).

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Ok, got a peace to speak here, I am going to defend Freegirl's comment regarding the "busty picture".

I think he meant put up a more decent shot of yourself, chances of you finding a healthy meaningful relationship is greater if you're not wearing something that makes you look easy
    So put up a more conservatiove photo. Maybe just your face, or a full body where you are wearing some not so revealing attire. If you put your t*ts on display, guys will look at them! Don't give them more of a motive to oogle you. Play it classy and you'll get better responses.

I tried this theory out once myself, does having a "conservative" picture, just a head shot make men speak to you more respectfully and consider you classy and harder to get. In my experience the answer is no. Some men who have no respect for women, will show no respect, regardless of what the woman is wearing.

I find it slightly disturbing that in this day and age, that some women still have that attitude towards other women, what happened to freedom to dress and think as we choose? So do we fight for the right to be respected for who we are or buckle into society's idea of what we ladies should be?

Personally I find having a slightly "easy" picture is a good thing, it weeds out the perverts oh so much quicker and the ones who actually stick around long enough to realize you have a brain and demand their respect, are more worth my time anyway.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I find it slightly disturbing that in this day and age, that some women still have that attitude towards other women, what happened to freedom to dress and think as we choose? So do we fight for the right to be respected for who we are or buckle into society's idea of what we ladies should be?

Personally I find having a slightly "easy" picture is a good thing, it weeds out the perverts oh so much quicker and the ones who actually stick around long enough to realize you have a brain and demand their respect, are more worth my time anyway.

I totally agree...

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i think women really dress for other women. a guy will notice how nice you look, but, most of the stuff you all do is for other women. like, designer shoes and purses, stuff like that. most guys are clueless with that stuff.

missanna dresses nice, and i compliment her all the time. but, some of the women i dated would get upset if i didn't notice their prada purse. and i'm standing there, like, wtf is prada?

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

High five Sassy,

Sweetstuff, of the I got T*ts and I ain't afraid to use em class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit