What-A-Coincidence
    wac is always having to live up to his name. hahahahaha

yeah and.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

and...........nothing.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I am chatting with a man from my area, Non-jw, not an ex-jw.

I met him on an online dating site. I posted my profile for 24 hours and got 13 emails. When I get home I have a few I can find and post here, really doozies!!!!!. I had two mails that came right out bluntly asking to F me.

Anyway, this guy seems nice, we have not met in person, we are not in a hurry.

purps

• R.F.
    R.F.

I am chatting with a man from my area, Non-jw, not an ex-jw.

So tell me purps, what is your opinion of the guys in general in our area?

• KW13
    KW13

You deserve a decent guy, don't give some of those losers Online a chance. Wish you the best of luck in your soul searchin'

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I met my husband online 8 years ago.

Don't give up.

• KW13
    KW13

I met my husband online 8 years ago.

Don't give up.

Of course not all of 'em are losers

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I tried it for a while. Guys would look at the pretty picture, not read a damn word of what I wrote, then constantly email me and "wink". When I was searching and found a profile that I liked, if he wasn't interested in dating a 30 year old white female who is divorced w/ a curvy figure, I would move it along. Online dating is like looking for a filet mignon in a dirty fast food restaurant.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Sweetstuff - just so you know... the 'scary' bit goes both ways. I was on a couple of dating sites for a while, and there are some reeeeeally scary gals out there, too.

"I am busty and the current picture reveals that little fact)"

Okay... suggestion here... remove the photo. That seems to be the 'current' problem. If they ask for one - you decide if you want to actually send them one, but you might try - initially to get to know them via e-mails - which would help eliminate some of the losers (poor spelling is a big clue).

Also - only agree to meet them in public places - if you get that far. Coffee shops or book stores. NEVER agree to meet in a bar or other place that serves alcohol - unless you want to see what they look like drunk (while they try their darndest to get YOU drunk, too).

NEVER let them follow you home - if you see them following you - go to another place like a grocery store - or restaurant (lots of people) - but NEVER home. If they find out where you live - you may NEVER get rid of 'em.

If they have posted a photo - ALWAYS asume that it is from their High School days - many years earlier - and not a recent photo - even though they INSIST that it is only a couple of months old.

If you meet one in public, and within the first few minutes the conversation turns to children, and sex - they're losers. Excuse yourself and leave. There's plenty of stuff to talk about other than that - on a 'first meeting'. Weather - hobbies - politics, etc. NEVER sex or favorite sex positions. (Hey! I'm no prude when it comes to sex, but there are certain 'dating etiquette' rules that one MUST follow.)

You know all of this, though. Right?

Just remember... there may be Mr. Right out there... and he may be online at one of the dating sites. You may have to kiss a lot of frogs to find him.

I met my current wife on Match.com. I was just about to give up (plus my one month of paid membership was about to expire), when I 'noticed' her, and sent her an e-mail. We got to talking via e-mail, then over the phone. We met, and the rest is - as they say - history. (Oh - and she had no photo posted. When I asked her what she looked like, she replied that she had two eyes and everything in the right place. I knew from that - she had a sense of humor that I liked.)

We will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary next week.

Good Luck.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit