Online Dating

by FreeGirl2006 78 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

*sigh* I was seeing someone for several months, but it is not working out. So I went back to my only way of meeting men thus far--online dating sites. I have had some really cool experiences, but I think I am getting burnt out....if I read one more email from a guy that reads "u r booteful and I wud luv to chat with u and then maybe we go out and eat" (or my personal favorite today--"you are eye-popping"--I am busty and the current picture reveals that little fact) I think I will puke!

Don't get me started on the ones that I find interesting who either make it a point to state that anorexia is preferred or they live in NY, DC...too far to get involved as far as I am concerned. Right now I could have 20 dates (no joke)lined up and not one of them is interesting on "paper".

So, ladies, how are you meeting men?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    u r booteful and I wud luv to chat with u and then maybe we go out and eat

God what a lamer.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I joined an online dating service once because it was a free trial. Although I said I was looking for someone within 50 miles of Toronto, all the responses were from much farther than that. The closest one was in Missouri. I suppose I should have been glad to get that response - at least she still had a job. All the other women who responded were at between 15 and 20 years older than me and retired.

W

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    sigh* I was seeing someone for several months, but it is not working out. So I went back to my only way of meeting men thus far--online dating sites. I have had some really cool experiences, but I think I am getting burnt out....if I read one more email from a guy that reads "u r booteful and I wud luv to chat with u and then maybe we go out and eat" (or my personal favorite today--"you are eye-popping"--I am busty and the current picture reveals that little fact) I think I will puke!

Don't get me started on the ones that I find interesting who either make it a point to state that anorexia is preferred or they live in NY, DC...too far to get involved as far as I am concerned. Right now I could have 20 dates (no joke)lined up and not one of them is interesting on "paper".

So, ladies, how are you meeting men?

LMFAO, AMEN SISTA!!

I hear you, believe me. I have tried the online dating thing and some of the emails are so laughable, I have gotten rather smarta**ish with my replies. I love the 18 year olds who say, hey baby your a hot MILF, I reply, if I wanted another kid, I would have one, thanks. Or the arabic men who say in the first email, I want make you my wife. Umm, geesh, what the hell happened to coffee??

Or the profiles that state how hot they are and that they are looking for barbie. Ever notice those guys are usually fat, bald and have an IQ of 100??

I have met a couple of great guys online however. Not mister right for me, but good guys none the less. I have met guys through other ways, friends, work but so far, found no more success that way then online. If you find a great one, do us all a favor, CLONE THE BUGGER FAST!

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

Sweetstuff--you are too funny! I went on a date with a guy from Egypt. I told him I was dating around at the moment and not ready to settle on any particular man. He got mad at me--on the first date! I was like "move it along buster". The guys who can't spell really bug me and then there are the men looking for a mother for their child(ren)! Yikes!

Finally Free--I am sure you did not think it amusing at the time, but I had to laugh when I read your reply. I get these old geezers looking for their Anna-Nicole. Not in a million years!

IP Sec--there are even lamer ones! It is not a pretty sight.

• R.F.
    R.F.

After reading this thread, I feel even more sorry for the ladies.

R.F.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

The best online date yet...blind date, guy didnt' have a cam or a photo. Dumb me took him at his word, described himself as 5'11, athletic, blonde hair, blue eyes. So, I thought, what the heck you never know right? Well, I got to cafe, there is this man waving at me, he stands up, he is about 5'6, brown hair, I should clarify, Donald Trump combover, with the belly of a nine month pregnant mother. Well, I wasn't happy that he lied, but thought, stick it out, he might be a nice guy.

He proceeds to snap his fingers at the waitress, demanding her immediate attention in a cafe FULL of people, asks her to replace his spoon, its not clean enough, through the course of coffee, hauls her back, to reheat my coffee, telling her the customer service was terrible, (by this point, I wanted to crawl under the table), brags about how much money he has, how successful he is, that he wants to leave a dynasty for his children, would I be willing to have at least three??

I decide to end it, tell him I have to go, then he asks me if I wanna come back to his place to try out his new "hottub". OMFG! I politely decline, say it was nice meeting you, and head out to my car, he follows me to my car and tries to kiss me, I quickly give him the cheek, hop in my car, lock the damn doors and get the heck out of there. Yeah, that was a night to remember!

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

These are some actual replies I have had. " I think you are georgeous....." "Just checking to see what your interested in looking/not looking for... Would like to get to know you and to see what you are interested in doing.....possibly doing...Am fairly close to you but im not alone.... Wanting to get to know someone as a friend and go from there." After reading his profile, I found out he was looking for hookups for his live-in girlfriend and he wanted to watch. Ick. "hi sweetie ho are you tonight" His thoughts were slipping into his question and he didn't realize it. "just wanted to tell you thar" The subject of the e-mail was "You are lonely." Gee, that was nice. And DUH I am on a freaking dating website. I really don't think this is how I am going to meet someone. I don't know why I am even on it either. In my ad I state that I am not dying of loneliness, which is true. And I am also a very busy person. Some guys think the instant they take an inkling of talking to you, that your world should revolve around them. Blah. I sound bitter. Trust me, I'm not.

• Purza
    Purza

Oh dear lord -- I cannot believe some of these stories. And here i have been pushing my friend to join an online dating service as she is constantly complaining she can't meet anyone. I think I'd better change my tune.

Are there any good dating stories out there?

Purza

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Lol, I just went to my online profile and I asked a guy what he was doing this weekend, he said, "You, if I'm lucky." Oh mylanta! I mean seriously come on now. I think I am just done dating in general.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit