WHAT do YOU know about JESUS... and His teachings?

by hibiscusfire 286 Replies latest watchtower bible

• eclipse
    eclipse
    How can you say that he does 'what his father wants'...if he is his own father?

You did not answer this question, hibie.

quoting trinity backing scriptures does not count.

I already know what they say...yet you seem to forget this point!

WE KNOW THE BIBLE. I know that the NWT is wrong. I get it.

Tell me why did you say that ''he does what his father wants'' if he is his own father, as that MAKES NO f%&$#*@g SENSE!!!

Either jesus does what HE wants, or he talks to himself, which is it????

You tell me in your own words.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Hibiscusfire wrote: "Hi. I am interested to know what you know about Jesus and what you really think of His teachings. The Bible says there is only one way to Heaven."

Why do you care what others "know" about Jesus and his teachings. Your responses indicate that you've already made up your mind about the answers to these questions, and what you really wish to do is convert others to your opinions. Sorry, I don't play that game anymore.

• lalliv01
    lalliv01

John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was G

"In the beginning" suggests that God had a beginning. If God had no beginning and has no end, how could there be an "in the

beginning" when talking about God? Maybe Terry is right, if the cosmos had a beginning why not God? Unless Jhn. 1:1 is

talking about someone else's beginning. John is about to begin talking about whom? Oh yeah, Jesus, maybe he had a beginning?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    parakeet: Hibiscusfire wrote: "Hi. I am interested to know what you know about Jesus and what you really think of His teachings. The Bible says there is only one way to Heaven."

Why do you care what others "know" about Jesus and his teachings. Your responses indicate that you've already made up your mind about the answers to these questions, and what you really wish to do is convert others to your opinions.

I am interested to know what you know. The reason is because most of the people here are JW's and I know whatever you have been taught in the past has caused a lot of confusion in the mind...even hate....enough to put what is true right out the door. Did you ever think that you may be wrong? Jesus is real. He is a historical figure. People can't stop talking about Him.

Back in those days, the religious leaders hated Jesus and they even paid the Romans to keep things quiet. They paid people to lie on Him. But no way could the gospel be stopped! The true christians even died. They were killed when they stood up for believing in Jesus and preaching about that hope which we so desperately need. That is part of history.

Do you think wicked people who pretend to be good want to be exposed like that? They don't want people to know the truth. Why? Because they want all the fame and glory for themselves.

I do care. I don't think it is impossible for anyone to really meditate and believe. You just need to have faith and believe on His name. There is a different kind of peace when you have Jesus Christ of Nazareth in your heart.

hibiscusfire

• parakeet
    parakeet

hibiscusfire wrote: "I am interested to know what you know. The reason is because most of the people here are JW's and I know whatever you have been taught in the past has caused a lot of confusion in the mind...even hate....enough to put what is true right out the door. Did you ever think that you may be wrong? Jesus is real. He is a historical figure. People can't stop talking about Him."

Any further discussion about what is true or whether Jesus is real and has any relevance today are subjects I no longer care about. Your only interest in this thread is to convince others that your beliefs are correct. Did you ever think that YOU may be wrong? No, your kind never do (Sigh). Maybe you'll have better luck with other posters.

And I accept your thanks in advance for bringing this thread back to the top of the list.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Hibiscusfire wrote: "Back in those days, the religious leaders hated Jesus and they even paid the Romans to keep things quiet. They paid people to lie on Him. But no way could the gospel be stopped!"

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

How did Jesus touch you, hibie?

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Jesus has never touched me, but I sure have called out his name before, he he.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    parakeet: Most of the people here are not JWs any longer, although there may be a sizable JW lurker audience out there. I left the WTS almost 30 years ago. Any confusion or hate I might have harbored has long since dissipated.

Any further discussion about what is true or whether Jesus is real and has any relevance today are subjects I no longer care about.

Hi parakeet (by the way, parakeets are very cute birds and I love 'em!).

Ok, wrong choice of words...so then....I know many people on this forum were JWs. I would like to know from you, if you can remember, about what the JW church taught about Jesus. I know JWs only believe He was just a man.

How long were you a JW by the way? And how old were you when you became a JW?

Just curious.

Hibiscusfire

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    nvr: How did Jesus touch you, hibie?

nvr I really do hope you are not insinuating anything vulgar because that would really be degrading to even yourself.

How did Jesus touch me? In my heart. The tears that fall when you read and think about what He did for me. He was whipped and beaten beyond recognition, His beards was ripped from His face, a crown of thorns was sunk into His head, nails were sent into hands and feet....people lied on Him. He felt the pain, yet He bore it with incredible courage. Can you do that for me or anyone knowing you didn't do anything wrong?

Jesus touched me in my heart, my mind and soul. He is my Saviour and yours too.

Our bodies are flesh and ages. Humans get pains and aches, Jesus can touch our bodies and heal us. When we lift our hands to heaven, He touches our hands. When He walked on the face of the earth in His earthly form, He touched those who wanted to be healed. He touched the eyes of the blind so they would see. He is our Healer and Deliverer.

How can you not feel the compassion?

hibiscusfire

hibiscusfire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit