WHAT do YOU know about JESUS... and His teachings?

by hibiscusfire 286 Replies latest watchtower bible

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith
    I didn't call anyone ignorant nor did I praise anyone's ignorance. I was admiring Hibie's pugnacity.

My mistake. Sorry.

Blueviceroy, you are aware Jesus didn't give up his life, if the Bible is to be believed that is, aren't you? Isn't he alive now? He didn't give up anything.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

>>>serotonin-wraith<<<<<<yes I know he didnt give up his exsistence just his flesh Im just saying the message behind Jesus is one of selflessness and rightousness forgivrness hope and probably a couple of other positive things I believe his knowledge of a prior spiritual exsistence gave him leg up on the common man so perfection was probably reached through a certainty of knowledge rather than any faith so I think we are at a disadvantage. I tried to answer "what do you know " not what do you believe . I cant really get behind any system of beliefs that is put forth by man . We are all pissing in the wind (exscuse me) and in the dark . Proving a profound personal experience to an another person is a fools errand . I seek the truth that works for me just like everyone else ( well almost everyone) I enjoyed your outlook on bias and wonder what your " truth " might be

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith
    I know he didnt give up his exsistence just his flesh

That's the only part I was questioning. He knew he'd be alright as soon as he died.

I enjoyed your outlook on bias and wonder what your " truth " might be

If believing in facts and evidence and things for good reason is a biased attitude then I'm biased as charged! If you don't believe in witchcraft you must be biased then. If you don't believe in faries you must be biased. Instead of biased, maybe a better word would be 'normal'.

My truth is things that are true (backed up with evidence, etc). For things we can't possibly know, my answer is 'I don't know'.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

eclipse:

Hibie, may I?

You may eclipse.

hibie

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    bluevicery: I believe Jesus wanted us to understand his sacrifice He wanted us to feel genuine love for our fellow humans He wants us to love God his father with all are heart ,spirit ,flesh and mind. If we could comprehend how a man could willingly give up his life and endure horrible torture for the sake of all even the most unrepentent person . If we can do these things Jesus got the message across. If you can feel the compasssion in your your heart to lay down your life for another I think maybe that is how Jesus would like us to live .Imagine all the people living for each other acting like Jesus did that would be something . Living as Jesus would approve really gets your mind in a positive place although I must admit I fall short almost daily

This is so deep. I really wish others could understand and believe as well. hibiscusfire

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    eclipse:

Hibie, may I?

You may eclipse.

hibie

I sense something is about to happen.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    eclipse:

Hibie,

If you are here, please let me know If I may proceed with what we discussed?

I am around eclipse. You may if you like....ok.

hibie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit