WHAT do YOU know about JESUS... and His teachings?

by hibiscusfire 286 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    lalliv: "In the beginning" suggests that God had a beginning. If God had no beginning and has no end, how could there be an "in the beginning" when talking about God?

God is the Alpha and the Omega...the Beginning and the End.

By researching who made who via ancestors, no matter how far back we go, there must still be a Self-Existent One by virtue of the visible creation we can see. No one made God and the truth is that, God is the Self-Existent One, the Creator of all things and the Savior of mankind.

The bible says....
    All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. - John 1:3

hibiscusfire

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hello, hibie.

I too have shed tears thinking of the story of the life and death of Jesus Christ.

When I read the Bible and meditated on it.

I was affected by the movie The Passion of the Christ as well.

I do not make light of your faith.

What disturbs me is the concept that Jesus will violently kill all those that do not know him or believe in him.

I cannot reconcile that with the concept of a loving and compassionate God.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Hibie,

Why are you continuing to take direct quotes from apologetics sites? Why aren't you thinking for yourself?

Your latest 'wise words' can be found here- http://66.102.9.104/custom?q=cache:2VrH1xpgNukJ:www.chick.com/reading/books/0253/0253.pdf+Self-Existent+One+by+virtue+of+the+visible+creation+we+can+see.&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=30&client=pub-7560970013795481

Or here- http://www.chick.com/reading/books/0253/0253.pdf

PAGE 32.

This is happening too frequently now, and you aren't even giving the proper people credit. I'm sure Jesus wouldn't want you to be dishonest.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    sero: This is happening too frequently now, and you aren't even giving the proper people credit. I'm sure Jesus wouldn't want you to be dishonest.

It is great that you have found those sites but it still does not mean I am not thinking for myself or I got it from those sites you posted. I can read too just like you and what I read I can feel truth in my heart because I have God's Word implanted within my heart. It is more spiritual than physical eyes.

I have thought about it and I did my research. Most of all we have to pray. Not everything I read or hear would be true. You can tell if something is not right. The Holy Spirit can lead us to the truth. I am glad that you are indeed paying attention and found those sites for me. I will bookmark it and let you know what else I can tell you about it.

Maybe you ought to determine if everything I am posting here is on the internet. So tell me what is not on the internet? Stop making excuses. You are finding fault in everything because you do not know about Jesus. I want to know more about Him and His teachings. I will continue to read about Him in my Bible and I will use the Bible to back up whatever I will be reading about Him. Jesus healed so many people, He fed so many.....that miracle with the five loaves and the 5000 people being fed.

Talk to Him and see how you feel. Physical versus spiritual. Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forevermore. The gospel continues. It is all part of God's work. No one claims fame or glory for it but all the glory goes to the One and Only true God.

hibiscusfire

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

It is great that you have found those sites but it still does not mean I am not thinking for myself or I got it from those sites you posted.

I just proved you did. Word for word, pretty much. Anyone can see that.

I am glad that you are indeed paying attention and found those sites for me. I will bookmark it and let you know what else I can tell you about it.

You found it before me.

Maybe you ought to determine if everything I am posting here is on the internet. So tell me what is not on the internet?

You're copying and pasting entire paragraphs. If it was from your own thoughts, it would be in your own words.

Talk to Him and see how you feel.

Hi Jesus, any chance you can give me some reason to believe in you? Thanks.

(How long does it normally take for a reply?)

If God has given you a brain, why don't you use it, instead of letting others speak for you? What a waste.

• greendawn
    greendawn

"What disturbs me is the concept that Jesus will violently kill all those that do not know him or believe in him. I cannot reconcile that with the concept of a loving and compassionate God."

This is precisely what Hibiscus fire says about ex JWs, the above concept is as presented by the JWs and still interferes in one's concept of God. Jesus will not kill anyone unless they got the chance to know the genuine truth which is of course not the JW truth and despite this continue to resist the removal from this world of the powers that have been causing untold misery and pain to mankind.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Nobody really knows anything about Christ unless they have personally spoken to him. But that is impossible since he is a myth, formerly known as Prometheus in the Greek myth preceding the Jewish myth by nearly 1000years. Then there was Krishna and many others from thousands of years before. They all have the same things in common. Born of a virgin, son of god, died and resurrected, crucified, performed miracles etc. There is no reliable secular information on Jesus, and as for his teachings, they are horrible and cult like: leave your parents for me, I came to bring not peace but the sword, killing a fig tree out of anger, eternal hellfire even after you die (no escape like a cult). Jesus is just another sick cult, just another form of crazy.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    sero: You're copying and pasting entire paragraphs. If it was from your own thoughts, it would be in your own words.

You are mendacious in a public forum. You are speculating that I am copying and pasting this too. You are very malevolent serotonin. You are accusing me of pasting word for word because you are so frantic and so wretched to find fault. This is on your own head buddy. Besides there have been numerous occasions when I haved posted here but when I hit send I received errors on the page instead. Many times I had to re-type. So do you expect me to remember word for word what I have typed? Look little boy you need to repent. You are insulting my physical intelligence with my spiritual being. Do not go there!!!

If you want to go out of context again and say that I am committing a crime now then so be it. The audacity and intention of your responses are very insensitive and malicious!!!!!!

hibiscusfire

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire
    sero: (How long does it normally take for a reply?)

Unlike you sero, I do not spend my life on this forum. I have other things to do. I actually have to get my butt off from in front of the computer and serve others and live for the day as any normal human being would. You may go ahead and speculate ...but I hope you change your drawers in the process. And no I am not being rude ....I am simply stating a fact.

Do not assume I have to think about the answers. You are only 25 years old what do you do besides insult people? You think your generation is so smart now?

Boy you've missed out on a lot of things. Do not assume....the result would be that you are making an ass out of u but not of me.

Thank you very much.

hibiscusfire

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving
    You may go ahead and speculate ...but I hope you change your drawers in the process.

What the f**k....

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit