I received a package from my mother today

by ex-nj-jw 102 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

(((Ohiocowboy))) that's exactly what I thought when I read the letter. I only wish I'd receive a letter from my parents, even a nasty one. I've never received one. I too keep checking to see if they are dead as I dont' believe anyone will call when either one dies. Just like they didn't tell me when they sold their home and moved hundreds of miles away to another state.

lisa

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Ick. It's stuff like this where the only response is to send them back a photocopy of her letter and tell her that you showed this to everybody you knew and they all agreed that nobody should be expected to go back to a religion that permits that kind of behaviour from a mother. How Jehovah Looks is the most important thing to my mum. Seeing a convention drama through the eyes of my fiance made it look so absurd to me.

• eclipse
    eclipse

((((((((((((((( nj )))))))))))))))

My heart broke when I read her letter. It was one of the cruelest, heartless things I have read in a long time.

Scully's and Cog's letters were hard hitting, and I think she needs to be hit hard with some of her own medicine.

Just to make her use her own brain for a change.

I would also print it in her local newspaper and when she sees it again,

she may think twice about how CRUEL and HEARTLESS she really is.

Let us know what you decide to do

• KW13
    KW13

If my mum thought like this, i'd have a bit of fun with her and get together every single shread of evidence that proves its lies then mail that back to her along with the ashes of the letter.

Sorry about all this mate.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Boy all the responses were great! I've printed the letters off and I've printed all your comments. I'm taking them to the post office this evening and I'm sending them to her. I'm sending return receipt so I'll know she signed for it. I've blocked out usernames. In my letter to her I mentioned that I'd posted her letter to me on a support disscussion forum and the responses are encosed. Hopefully she will be embarrassed to no end for her unloving, uncaring words!

I won't be going until late this evening so if anyone else would like to add something, feel free!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((OhioCowBoy))))))))))))))))))))))))) I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time. I wish you were able to put this behind you, I say this because until I put my feelings for my mom where they should be, I couldn't get over it either. I did that when I was 18 years old. Every year since then has gotten easier and easier!

Hugs, love to all and a great big THANK YOU for being here!!!

nj

• KW13
    KW13

WOW! What an honour

• whyizit
    whyizit

I'd write back. Something kind of like this:

Dear Mom,

You will be thrilled to know that I have not turned my back on Jehovah. I have merely left a religious organization, which is not the same. I know you do not understand that. If you would like to have a discussion about why I have doubts that the WTS is Jehovah's mouth piece, I will go over those concerns with you. Perhaps you can help me by clearly answering my questions, one topic at a time. Until that happens, I am going to have to do what I feel is best for me and my family.

Thanks for the Bible. Could you please show me a verse that speaks of "paradise earth"? In those EXACT words? I know that it has been preached in the WTS, but I cannot find "paradise earth" anywhere in the Bible you gave me. If such a place exists, and we are to be preaching about it, surely "paradise earth" is mentioned! I can only find paradise as referring to a heavenly place. Perhaps that is an area you can help me with. "Paradise earth", in those exact words, within the pages of the Bible. Please tell me where I can find it.

Did (name six children here) return to the JWs? I wasn't aware of that! How happy you must be. I'm the only one left who hasn't. That is too bad, but like I said, until my questions are answered very clearly, I cannot.

Mom, please take another look at the picture you sent me. Do I really look happy there? Perhaps you didn't see it, but I was not a very happy child. (Name some of the reasons, without accusing her.)

Could you please explain how I am immoral and selfish? What do you know about the life I live now that would lead you to believe such a thing?

You also called me a worthless sinner in your letter. Aren't we all? Don't we all fall short? Who do you know within the KH walls that does not?

I do love you, Mom. Even though you referred to me as "something awful" that you gave birth to. When you read the Bible, do you find that Jesus said or encouraged others to say such things? Where does Jehovah instruct mothers to say such cruel things to their children?

In spite of the hurtful things you said to me, I do still love to hear from you and hope you are doing well. I do still love Jehovah and I do still read the Bible. I will no longer read WTS materials, until it is proven to my satisfaction that they truly are God's organization. If you (**and don't let her try pawn you off on someone else) are willing to go over the things that I have concerns about, that would be very helpful.

Love, nj

Maybe she would converse with you, even in letters, and you could give her some eye openers with the questions you ask. But keep your cool and keep her on one topic at a time! This has been working (slowly, but surely) for me. By making her "teach you", she will be teaching herself that the WTS is not what they appear.

Best of luck!

• winnie
    winnie

I find it utterly amazing how parents can turn their back on us when we leave the religion, then accuse US of having no love for them???

As if we were the ones who treated them as if they were dead???

My mother-in-law deemed it fit to slip a note in our letterbox when we left that read "we can re-join the family when we return to Jehovah."

It's perplexing how they can equate family bond/love with meeting attendance etc.

(Sorry if someone has already mentioned similar to the above. My computer is sooo slow at moment and to get through the 5+ pages of replies would have been too painful! )

• tan
    tan

Let her know that if that is "Christian Love" you want no part of it. My mother was not that harsh when I was df'd but said SOME of those things, she got over it. Those type of comments just push you further away. They don't get it. My mom is now out too and it's so much better. Keep your head up.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    You will be thrilled to know that I have not turned my back on Jehovah. I have merely left a religious organization, which is not the same. I know you do not understand that.

Did (name six children here) return to the JWs? I wasn't aware of that! How happy you must be. I'm the only one left who hasn't. That is too bad, but like I said, until my questions are answered very clearly, I cannot.

I do still love Jehovah and I do still read the Bible.

whyizit - I would never be able to write or says the above things, I don't believe in Jehovah never mind "love Jehovah" I think he just a fairtale. I don't read or believe in the bible, again just a book of fairytales.

As far as my siblings - just for fun in my letter to her I told her that I talked to five of them (one is in jail) and they are not JW's, never will be again. Maybe she has alzheimers

I'll cut the parts out of your response that refer to me loving Jehovah and reading the bible. There is no way, I'd even give her a little hope of me changing.

Thanks for you thoughts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit