NAME JUST ONE thing....ONE THING...revealed by God....

by Terry 284 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

Things revealed by God could be of a psychological nature not just of a physical nature. When the gospel talks about the truth that liberates the human spirit that is one very important revelation.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I know of one thing revealed by God....

There is no God

Way to go, Flip!

• Terry
    Terry

What am I saying? I am saying do you have to use so many complicated words to just decribe simple things? There is one thing about book sense and common sense. Those who have only book sense have no common sense.

hibie

Not to impune anyone.

I emphasize certain words in a variety of ways. It is part of my communication toolbox. It includes CAPITAL letters. Don't mean to shout, actually.

What complicated words have I used? I'm flummoxed! (oops!)

• Terry
    Terry
    Could God be in the "BLACK MATTER" of the Universe?

Skinheads would disagree!

• changeling
    changeling

Live and let live. Agree to disgaree.

changeling

• Mary
    Mary
    The Bible FLUNKS divine authorship. That is all I'm saying.

I'm caught in the middle here. While I believe in a Creator, I have doubts that the bible was directed by God Himself. I believe that it was just written from man's point of view. In fact, I did a thread on this a long time ago. When the bible says "All scripture is inspired of God", many people take that to mean that God was sort of a ghost-writer for the scriptures. It wasn't until after I took a couple of biblical courses at university (man, you get a totally different take on the scriptures when you study it from an academic point of view!) that I sort of came to this conclusion:

Just because someone says that the scriptures were inspired of God doesn't mean that God directed the work. It's like if I write a book saying that it was inspired by Princess Diana, doesn't mean that she approved or directed what I wrote.

Do I have absolute proof of God's existence? No, no one does. It's to a great degree, based on 'faith'. However, for me, I look around at the earth, at the marvel of the human being, at the wonder of the universe, and I just don't believe that it all came about by accident. I've read a bit on 'Intelligent Design' and found it very interesting. That's me. If someone wants to believe that all life and the universe came about by accident, that's their prorogetive, just as believing in a Creator is mine.

As for naming "just ONE thing....ONE THING....revealed by God..." I'm amazed you had to even ask this: Who else by the Almighty knew that He would use a group of idiots in Brooklyn as His mouthpiece, give them a 100% failed prophecy record, and guarantee them life in heaven?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    If someone wants to believe that all life and the universe came about by accident, that's their prorogetive, just as believing in a Creator is mine.

Our existence is no accident. I don't believe in a Creator. The two ideas are compatible.

I do respect your faith though, Mary.

• fedorE
    fedorE

I would have to say, that, it is revealed that the Son of God, also a spirit like GOD was born of a virgin, the revelation is made that the entity was moved from its heavenly place and fixed into the womb of a human.If the Bible hadn't of revealed this i wouldn't read it anywhere else..?.. and that he was brought back to life by a supernatural ressurection and that there were a lot of witnesses to this. The fact is that after the appearance of the ressurected entity all kinds of churches started appearing all over the place and this cause and effect is the reason the Bible is time tested and true.........SO we have a person who was walking around saying he is the Son of God. Then we have churches and pockets of believers spreading all over the place. Case closed.

I wish i had a time machine.....

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

As I was musing over this thread i thought of the flood. Now in the bible it says that the rainbow is gods covenant with man, that he would not bring about the destruction of the world again by means of a deluge. In theory a rainbow should be a unique unexplainable monument to gods covenant. As we all know a rainbow is an effect created by droplets, forming a prism representing the colors of the rainbow.

You would think that when such an impressive covenant is made it would be something truly unique and inspired...not something that could be created with a water hose.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

There goes Terry........AGAIN! With his ruined and diseased mind...(and the WTBTS is at fault...the reason he is spouting his diatribes once again) trying to convince all who happen upon his posts......he wants soooooo bad for the rest of us to believe in his own belief system. He has nothing else in his life to look forward to.

His goal is to misalign everything that just might have a spark of truth.........or Christian in nature.

His only claim to intellegence is the fact that he works in a bookstore and does a lot of reading. (or is this in the past Terry)

Such a shame! He is very intelligent but hasn't gotten beyond the pain and hate of his past.

Terry..........right now.........I don't give a Shite if I am barred from JWD for this post. You want to spout your crap..........but dismiss anyone here who believes in God or the Bible.

Why don't you start your own little cult and see how many others might be willing to follow you.

I think at your age.....you should be doing something positive in your life for a change. You sound sooooo much like some immature 20 year olds just weaning from their momma's JW brainwashing teats. Why not grow up and at least acknowledge what others believe instead of constantly using this forum to browbeat everyone as to your hatred and new unbelief system.

I think you will be unhappy for the rest of your life. You could be happy if you would at least try to have a friend.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit