Public talk will be reduced to 30 minutes

by martinjw7 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    They should put an intermission between the public talk and the WT study. That way no one would have an excuse to get up during the meeting and go to the bathroom.

Back in the 60's there was an intermission between the wt and public talk. People started leaving during intermission so they took the intermissions away. lisa

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Its true - applies from January 2008

Apparently meeting will 1 3/4 hours long.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Even if the GB (goofy bastards) reduce the talks to 3 minutes, that still is a waste of too much time; let us not forget the gas, and wear and tear on the head and heart.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Here's my FAKE announcement of this supposed change:

"The public talk is most often the first meeting that visitors are exposed to.
    Many visitors have difficulty in paying attention for that long. Our Spiritual
    brothers on the Governing Body have overseen the revision of the outlines
    for the talks that will enable them to deliver the information in a more
    straight-forward way without detracting from the overall message."

This would be, in reality, a way to tell them to stick to the outline and stop
    adding personal information to it. Just tell them the stuff we want them to
    hear.

• JH
    JH

Its true - applies from January 2008

Apparently meeting will 1 1/2 hours long.

Are they STARTING to be a little reasonable? It's a step in the right direction.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

hahaha otwo

I'm told the reason for the change is to allow more time between meetings where lots of congregations use one kingdom hall.

No letters have gone out yet but bethelites are spilling the beans

• Open mind
    Open mind
    Are they STARTING to be a little reasonable?

Nope. OTWO nailed it with this.

This would be, in reality, a way to tell them to stick to the outline and stop adding personal information to it. Just tell them the stuff we want them to hear.

Control. Control. Control.

Open Mind

• Emma
    Emma

If it's true I wonder what the reasoning will be. I could understand if they extended the wt study as this would give them even more control. Maybe there are less and less "qualified brothers" who can handle a 55 minute stint on the platform.

• seek2find
    seek2find

Sounds like there making more room and plan to put more emphasis on the important stuff that's going to be in the JW only tower. Maybe more do's and don'ts. Crack that whip! seek2find

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

the talks are so scripted now, the brothers just zip right thru them anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit