Public talk will be reduced to 30 minutes

by martinjw7 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I heard the intermission was pre-1973 for the smokers.

• Gill
    Gill

Could it be that this letter has only been sent to YOUR congregation in an attempt to find out which congregation has a 'leak'?

You might have just given yourself away. Be careful!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Lisa:

I remember back in the 70s there was an intermission which they did away with, probably because people did leave. They also had issues about kids hanging around the water cooler and they wanted people to pay rapt attention. I guess mind control doesn't work unless you're in your seat paying attention..

LHG

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Another Carrot to keep 'em coming

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Could it be that this letter has only been sent to YOUR congregation in an attempt to find out which congregation has a 'leak'?

You might have just given yourself away. Be careful!

OMGawd!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I remember when the Public Talk was an hour long and the WT study was an hour long too....it made for an uncomfortable period of sitting and harder on the kiddies who were itching to get out--get home--and get outside to play! It was also hard to concentrate when you had plans to go on a trip, or to a picnic or a theme park after the meeting because you were busy thinking about all those last minute details coming togeher, etc.

I bet a LOT of JWs would be even MORE thrilled if they had the Public Talk cut to thirty seconds!

hugs,

Annie

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Hey - why don't they just send around an approved CD set of talks and they can just play that? Or a DVD if they want to get really inspiring.... I mean, we lost the real music - heaven forbid there might be a spark of originality.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The public speaker gets to count his time giving that talk on his monthly service report.

Now - they won't be able to count an hour for the Sunday talk any more, just half an hour.

Too bad, now they'll have to give two talks in the same month to get in their 1 hour and stay as "active" publishers.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The breaks between the talk and the Watchtower study was a smoker's break. There was a break between the ministry school and the service meeting too. The smokers would stand outside the door of the Kingdom Hall and smoke. There was a standup hotel type ash tray with white sand right beside the Kingdom Hall front door.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

That's still 30 minutes too long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit