Music buffs.Here we go again. List you're all-time favorite Guitarists

by flipper 98 Replies latest jw friends

• Spectre
    Spectre

Some of those in that list above don't even have a guitar in that genre. Am I supposed to be finding my favorite guitarist out of the children's music, comedy, commercial, holiday, inspirational or vocal?

If this was a thread about what genre of music you like I could easily list over 50 from that list. And as much as I am for expanding your horizons, I've come to the realization that at my age on some things I don't care anymore. I have over 400 cds. I really don't need to buy more to listen to. I can't listen to all the ones I have.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Yea, funny thing, age

Used to be Hendrix, Clapton, Beck and Page were king, among others

These days I don't remember the last CD I had to have or bought even.

I think the last guitarist I got into was Elliott Smith about 10 yrs or so ago, back when I was still drinking heavily and savoring the sweet pain of it all. So tragically hip, man. LMAO

There's so much talent and music out there, a virtual rainbow of musical moods and soundscapes. The discovery of it is half the fun.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    I am adding my mate Punkie to the list!
  • pronomono
    pronomono
    ...And Steve Lukather
  • talesin
    talesin

Eddie Van Halen and Joe Walsh have to be my fav. rock guitarists , but I have to say
    Chris Smither WOW

Did everyone forget the wunderkind of the 80s, Peter Frampton?

• flipper
    flipper

We'll let this guys guitar speak for himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f29CiOKqWh0

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Thanks for posting Flipper - great to see the late great Rick Wright on there too.
  • maksutov
    maksutov

John Williams

Julian Bream

Craig Ogden

Nicola Hall (Godess, hope that's OK, lol)

Steve Vai

Here's me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdfcUR2vBGw

• flipper
    flipper

CANTLEAVE- You are very much welcome ! I think Gilmour is probably more like # 4 on my list now right behind Page, Hendrix, and Vaughan.

MAKSUTOV- Wow ! Very nice guitar work my friend. Excellent ! Thanks for sharing ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit