Music buffs.Here we go again. List you're all-time favorite Guitarists

by flipper 98 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

My taste runs to the sixties I guess, Clapton, Neil Young, Steven Stills, Pete Townsend, Page, (saw all of them live), Gilmore, Hendrix, I'll think of more soon.

• juni
    juni

Can't resist..... LOL

Santana

Eric Clapton

Lindsay Buckingham - Fleetwood Mac

Joe Perry - Aerosmith

Henley, Frey, Meisner,Walsh and Felder - the Eagles

Juni

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

ya'll forgot bootsy collins.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

Bluesbreaker nails it . .

But Joe Bonamassa is definately in the top 10

• chelsea
    chelsea

1. Hendrix 2. Dean Ween

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i forgot, link wray

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

SRV would also be in my top 5, he got his licks from Freddy King, Jerry Reed, Albert King. He took that stuf and put some serious attitude on it. I am in a never ending search for THAT tone . . .

Jimi Hendrix is in my top 5 also, man there ain't never been a better R&B rhythm player than Jimi when he was with Little Richards band. No one shook the music world like Jimmi. When he came on the US scene at Monterey Pop in '67 it was like Aliens landing on the White House lawn in 1953's "The Day The Earth Stood Still". Just check out the pop musical landscape for 1967, then contrast it with numbers like "Foxey Lady', "Hey Joe", "The Wind Cries Mary", and "Purple Haze" . . all got their American debut at Monterey in 1967.

Also, his Woodstock rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner" is a cultural touchstone for an entire generation . . . Check it out . . I get goosebumps everytime I see it . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4AU7oK-xMQ

Peace, out \/

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

I can't leave this Jimmi thing alone . . he was just a dis-advantaged mixed race kid from the bad side of Seattle, WA. Gawd DAYUM!

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

Oh! and like bigred says . . LINK WRAY!!!!!!!

Oh Yeah!!! . . . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pl_uTCM93M

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

How many of you like Dead Kennedys?

I hear people complain about punk being simple, but East Bay Ray is pretty awesome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit