Music buffs.Here we go again. List you're all-time favorite Guitarists

by flipper 98 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Hello ya'll. Was just listening to great guitar music from some of my favorites. Who are your all time favorites? Rock or otherwise? Here are Mr. Flippers top ten alltime. 1. Jimmy Page- Led Zeppelin 2. Jimmy Hendrix 3. Stevie Ray Vaughn 4. Buddy Guy 5. Santana 6. David Gilmour- Pink Floyd 7. Eric Clapton 8. Robin Trower 9. Neil Young 10. Robert Cray 11. Lindsay Buckingham- Fleetwood Mac 12. Mark Knopfler- Dire Straits. Okay so I lied, couldn't keep it to 10, had to list 12. There are several worthy mentions like The Edge- U2, and Joe Perry - Aerosmith. List could go on and on, but enough of me, how about you folks. Bring it on, tell me who you like as a guitarist

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

hey flip

you might enjoy this site

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/27/115717/1.ashx

purps

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez

In my opinion:

1. Eric Clapton
    2. Joe Satriani
    3. Jimi Hendrix
    4. Chet Atkins
    5. Stevie Ray Vaughn
    6. Angus Young
    7. Pete Townsend
    8. Warren Haynes
    9. Duane Allman
    10. Eddie Van Halen

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Since these are my FAVES, and not just a list of who is "the best" by some form of technical wizardry or gadgets. Here is mine:

1. Freddy King - Blues god (ever wonder where Clapton got his ideas? Listen to Freddy)

2. Hollywood Fats - West Coast Swing legend

3. BB King - Tasty, great tone, great vibrato, singing like phrasing

4. Duane Allman - THE slide god, and just a great player all around, I still get goose bumps when listening to Fillmore

5. Billy F Gibbons - the early ZZ Top stuff from the 70's is killer, TONE, TONE, TONE!!!! He is my rock and roll hero

6. Bo Ramsey - tone master, always tasty, some of the spookiest slide playing you'll ever hear, and just one of a kind guy

7. Marc Ford - former Black Crowes lead player, and now has his own band

8. Otis Rush - this is the other half of Clapton's ideas

9. Willie Johnson - Howlin Wolf's original lead guitarist, killer stuff here

10. Eric Clapton - I love the guy, and he taught me to dig back into the masters to find the good stuff.

I play in a really busy blues band, so my guys are mostly blues, or bluesy-rock stuff. I also love some of the country cats too, like Pete Anderson, Roy Nichols, and Redd Volkaert, and I'm a big Southern Rock fan too and Classic Rock, so of course you have to add Steve Gaines, Gary Rossington, Ed King, Allen Collins (all Skynyrd boys), Dickey Betts, Warren Haynes, Mike Campbell, Jimmy Page, and Angus Young to the mix also.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Nels Cline, currently playing with Wilco.

Ry Cooder

The Edge

Tom Morello, Audioslave and Rage Against the Machine

Jerry Garcia

Robert Fripp

Neil Young

Kim Thayil, Soundgarden

Jimmy Page

• free2think
    free2think

Santana

Jimi Hendrix

The Edge

• prophecor
  • jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Frank Zappa, Joe Satriani, Stevie Vai, Jeff Beck,

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

flipper, i totally agree with the first 7 on your list, espically david gilmor, but, pink floyd is my favorite band so, i may be a bit prejudice.

• prophecor
    prophecor

ON Bass

The Illustrious Anthony Jackson.

Progenitor of the Six String Bass Extradonaire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit