Music buffs.Here we go again. List you're all-time favorite Guitarists

by flipper 98 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

I'm tellin ya guys, go check out some Bo Ramsey, listen to the song "Side Track Lounge", if nothing else. AWESOME!!!! That man is a MASTER of tone, phrasing and feel... and one of the best producers on the planet.

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

locust, thanks for that. link wray is the music for myspace. i have dueces wild playing. he kicks butt.

• RR
    RR

My all time favorite is still GARY MOORE:

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

SRV would also be in my top 5, he got his licks from Freddy King, Jerry Reed, Albert King. He took that stuf and put some serious attitude on it. I am in a never ending search for THAT tone . .

Start out with 012. strings strong fingers and some cocaine and alchohol. And some superglue to glue your callouses back on.

• JK666
    JK666

Okay, here they are:

1. Frank Zappa

2. Jimi Hendrix

3. SRV

4. Adrian Belew

5. Eric Clapton

6. Joe Satriani

7. Jimmy Page

8. Pete Townshend

9. Albert King

10. Duane Allman

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

Quote " SRV would also be in my top 5, he got his licks from Freddy King, Jerry Reed, Albert King. He took that stuf and put some serious attitude on it. I am in a never ending search for THAT tone . .Start out with 012. strings strong fingers and some cocaine and alchohol. And some superglue to glue your callouses back on."

Been there done that. I play 12s on a couple of my Strats tuned to Eb through a Blackface. . . . Gets me closer but I ain't no Jimi Ray Clapton . . .

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

Wow . . . looks like just us Guitar nerds here . . .

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

yeah, i just about worship srv, but, sadly, the only thing we had in common, was we both used to start the day with a shot of whiskey with cocaine in it. what a way to start the day. glad i got away from that.

• JK666
    JK666

LoB,

I have tried various settings on my Vox Valvetronix to get that sound, ain't there yet. Get some cool tones out of my resonator thru it though.

JK

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i've always admired guitarists. i tried to play, i don't have the dextirity. i'll stick to beating my drums into submission. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit