BETHELITES - Whatever Became of?

by Black Man 296 Replies latest jw friends

• Rational Witness
    Rational Witness

Nathan

Last I heard Howard Zenke had been demoted from the Service Department to the Kitchen. (This was quite a few years ago.) Evidently he followed his conscience one too many times. His wife's name is "Bena"--one of the few wives of 'heavyweights' at Bethel who had a sense of humor.

Cheers

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

What became of Howard Zenke and his lovely wife whats-her-name?

He died of a heart attack a few years back. One of the elders I served with in the SLC congregations was his nephew and he went to the funeral. sam.

• Black Man
    Black Man

Does anyone remember Fred Curry who was the asst. pressroom overseer in the mid-90s? He was a single brother who had several run-ins with pressroom personnel. He was cool to me, but an ass-hole to the masses. Or how about Anselm Packnett who oversaw tape duplication in 360 Furman? Very jovial and funny sense of humor.

Anyone remember Anthony Hamilton or Chris Campbell? They were a couple of whiz-kids, who I imagine would have done very well on the outside world. I remember Kevin Bush who was this suave, Denzel Washington-type cat. Anyone remember the Wiggins sisters, who were three commuter sisters that got their fair share of attention from various brothers. Anyone know R.P. Johnson? Dyed-in-the-wool company man through and through. I knew Lee Waters and Ciro Aulicino in the writing department. Both of them were company men with a slightly rebellious streak. I remember Al Harrell and Tom Jefferson in the 124 Home - black brothers trying to fit into the machine. Ahh, the memories.

• rekless
    rekless

I think Nazaroff's nephew is at Paterson.

He had a son serving at Paterson --his name is Roy. As far as I know if they were nephews it would have to be David or Daniel Nazaroff or one of his sisters children who are of another fine Russian name--Kolakoff?? spelling

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Hi:

I actually did not do too much in the Furman bldg. I worked on the Bossert mostly and factory bldg nos five and six.

Jeff S.

www.catholicxjw.com

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Wow, THANK YOU Rational_Witness and Sammielee24 for the info on Howard Zenke.

Did he continue to serve at Bethel after his demotion, or were he and Bena eventually compelled to leave? Is Bena still alive?

I was a kid in the Queens, NYC, NY congregation that Howard Served as Overseer. In my experience he wasn't by any stretch what I would call friendly or kindly to kids, but how many priests of any church can say that they are? (Certainly I held him in a position of honor and FEAR just because of his rank in the congregation.) I am sure he followed what he sincerely and conscientiously believed to be the right thing.

I have to give him props for "taking the hit" for following his conscience near the end rather than kissing ass. I wonder how many "friends" he had then?

• minimus
    minimus

In the 70s and early 80s there was a Bethelite elder named Bruce Millette. Anyone know him???

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I think Nazaroff's nephew is at Paterson.

He had a son serving at Paterson --his name is Roy. As far as I know if they were nephews it would have to be David or Daniel Nazaroff or one of his sisters children who are of another fine Russian name--Kolakoff?? spelling

Hmmm. This kid was...I want to say Jonathan or something like that. And I'm sure it was his nephew.

But, it's always possible that I'm confused. Wouldn't be the first time. LOL!

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

Here is a few names I thought of:

Patrick Ware, Richard Chamberlain, Jerry Jackson, Sylverstor Lee, Mark nevejans, Ernie Watts, Steve Lupo, Warren Weil, Ray Spatz, Ralph Walls, Allan Rico, Bob Pilcher, Jack Gingrich, Mike Wurtz, Dave Sargent, Randy Hackney, Mike Rogers, Tom Shirley, George maura, Leroy Gaiters, Larry Mainers, Lee Willaims, Jeff Price, Jim Spencer, Joe Pryor, Henry Knox, Steve Black, Claude Woodward, Richard Tabuchi, Renail Smith, Wayne Turner.

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

Thought of a few more names... Dave Sisney, Ed Barzack, Lonnie Drake, Mike Menefee, Jared Hardie, Brian Woods, Andy Seabury, Jeff Barrons, John Fitzsimmons, Bruce Zachel, Kelly Cook, Art Dizon. Dave Kohler, Terry Lafferty, Robbie Martin, Frank Varisco, Arthur Crook, John Roth, Bob Samson, Al Beavers, Al Rogers, John Ekrann...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit