BETHELITES - Whatever Became of?

by Black Man 296 Replies latest jw friends

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Hi NB, Yes, I remember Houston. He and I worked together. I think I was in Shipping, though, at the time you were at Bethel. Frank

• RR
    RR

How about Albert Rogers, anyone know him. He was a sickly brother

• uninformed
    uninformed

I knew Albert Rogers.

He worked in the Accountants office when I first met him. Later the pressure made him request a change, I think to shipping.

Real nice guy, quite shy and backwards. Smart but dumb.

Brant

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

My dad studied with Scott Robertson, he worked on MEPS. Brian Winkle. He worked in the infirmary. He arranged our meeting with Bro. Ganges. He was a trip.

momz

• dwtnphotog
    dwtnphotog

Wow! What a thread!! I was a bethelite in '89. I left due to health reasons. I was on the Waiter crew. I know so many people from this thread it is amazing!! What memories!!!

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

Interesting thread to bump up.

I only comment here because of this part:

FF:

That Mark McCumber -- is that the same one as the golfer on the pro tour a few years back? I understand that McCumber is a JW.

A great golfer, world class -- up there in the top 10 or 20 in the world for awhile. I thought we'd be seeing him on the Senior Tour.

I don't know for certain if that is the same one that JB was talking about or not.

I met Mark McCumber, the pro golfer, in his congregation (Ponte Verde Beach, FL) 15 years ago or so. He seemed to be a very nice man, but that was just a couple brief meetings. Back then he was being held back from "privleges" because of his involvement in the PGA....he really didnt have time for much then other than being a good publisher...he was running his own company or course design or something (http://www.mccumbergolf.com/markMcCumber.htm) .. I have heard that he is either a MS or elder now...I thought he retired, but wikipedia says he still plays on the Champion's Tour...but hasnt won an event on it.(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_McCumber)... I would have to ask a sister who just moved to my area from his congo if she knows more about him...

Snakes ()

Mark is a wonderful person. If more Witnesses were like him the JWs might actually be a level, mainstream religion instead of a looney farm filled with martyrs and zealots. He is still an elder in Ponte Vedra Beach (Verde is a common misspelling). He still plays. I don't follow golf enough to understand in what capacity.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah
    Ron Curzan

Wasn't he the one that posed for the Adam picture in the big green book about the history of Jehovahs Witnesses? (Sorry, for the life of me I can't remember the name of that book.)

If it is one and the same he married a girl from Springfield, Missouri, Liz Ragsdale.

He had a friend named Paul that had the most beautiful blue eyes.

Sheri

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I think about my old friends very often, daily probably. I still miss many of them even though its been over ten years since I've been gone. And I only visited once in all that time, and I didn't even make it to the farm that visit. So much is changed. I'm fat and bald now, and most importantly not a Witness anymore, so the chance of seeing them again is very slim. You out there Chris Doro? I miss you man. Phil Hernandez. How's the kids? I never saw your son. Jessica Menschel, the only woman I ever told "I love you" and really felt it and meant it. Sheri Brainard, leave that knucklehead husband of yours and run away with me. We'll spin the globe and just go and never come back. What'ya say? Remember when we used to sing complete Eagles and Lynyrd Skynyrd songs while sacking out? Remember when we cleaned the pro-wrap machine one day, and we decided to clean opposite sides of the same end of the machine so we could talk all day? Remember when I left the department to go into construction? I left because of you. I was in love with you. But of course I couldn't act on it. So, it got to be too much to come into work every morning, and work side by side with you all day, with my feelings the way they were, so I asked for a transfer for personal reasons. I was happy my last day at Bethel to see you and Butch so happy and getting along. I still have a special place in my heart for you, I always will.

• TheListener
    TheListener

These are the type of threads that I find it dificult to read. Because I'm a fader I don't feel comfortable commenting on names I recognize or throwing my own old friends names out to the board.

When I was at bethel I was young and idealistic. I loved the organization and would have done anything they asked of me. Even at that I loved to party and visit various congregations each weekend. I remember all too well when the girls would come touring and us boys would strut around like peacocks trying to impress them.

Here's to having enough courage and freedom one day to really discuss my bethelite years openly on the board.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

The Carl I was thinking of on the scaffolding crew was Carl Stone.

Anyone remember? Big guy. Went bald and got heavy, I think. Not sure if he's been downsized or not.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit