BETHELITES - Whatever Became of?

by Black Man 296 Replies latest jw friends

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Brooklyn: Jim Coffey, George Shammas, Jim Shammas, Franz Ferrante, Jeff and Karen Malone, Dave Smith, Ron Cain, Todd & Leslie Radosevic

WT Farm: Eric Taylor, Mark Sutter, Geoff Hearny, James Brown, Micah Hutz

These all for the most part moved down here to N. VA when they left Bethel.

• Emma
    Emma

Rich and Wendy Canola (not sure of spelling of last name), I think they learned Italian to serve in one of the Italian congregations. Bill and Roberta Little; Bill died a few years ago after working as an electrician and I think Roberta left Bethel. Anyone know them?

John Devine and his younger brother who I think was named Richard. Maybe one of their nephews is there now, too.

• Black Man
    Black Man

Hey fjtoth:

I remember quite a few who you listed. Question: are you related to Roger Toth who was in Brooklyn, computer department, I believe?

Yeah I remember Tom Combs real well. I got along with him, but he was hated by most in the Factory complex. He was in charge of laying out the Kingdom Ministries each month and was the overseer of Job Press.

• ninja
    ninja

when I visited bethel I met tom and sunny chicky at the dining table and also met bill bellows from the art department......and there was an old woman who drove her wee disabled mobile like she was late for her appointment with death

• pratt1
    pratt1

Wunce - Wuz, I remember Jerry Jackson very well.

If it is the same one, he served in my congo and his family back home was full of elders and pioneers. he cause a big stir when he married a very beautiful newly baptistized divorced woman who was about 10 years older then him and had a young son.

His family and the congo was not happy.

I believe they moved down south after spending a brief stint in Brooklyn.

Anyone remember Rob Marable form Ohio ?

• Black Man
    Black Man

Anyone remember Frank DeMatteis from WT Farms?

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Black Man,

No, I'm not related to Roger Toth, nor to his cousin Walter Toth whose wife's name is Paula (both of them quite tall). I think there was another couple with the Toth name that went through Gilead and ended up in Ecuador, but I can't remember their names. All of them were related and came into Bethel around the same time. All were from the Detroit area, but I was from New Jersey. And yes, I remember Tom Combs too, and his wife Carol. Tom was one I most admired because he was cheerful, outgoing and friendly to everybody, never critical of anybody but himself, as I can remember.

Ninja,

The woman in the motorized cart was probably Ann Glass, wife of Gilead instructor Ulysses. She was another Toth, not related to me or to the others mentioned above.

Frank
    http://formerjw.homestead.com

PS: There was also a Toth I heard about before I went to Bethel. He was from Rhode Island, I believe, and had been a good friend of Milton Henschel. He was notorious because he had walked out of the organization sometime in the 1940's or 1950's.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Hey emma hows it goin. Richard devine was my table head at bethel. He was also pressroom overseer. If you can read between the lines here there is a lot of info out there on who is who.

• gymbob
    gymbob

Brooklyn 76'-79' here.....

Hey Wunce-wuz, I remember Larry Mainers! We left Brooklyn and pioneered together for a while. He got df'd for 'boinking' a young pioneer gal after he got married, then got reinstated and now lives in Georgia.

Also remember Joel Reed...I heard he came out of the closet back in the mid 80's, but I can't confirm.

Anybody remember Peter Coconis, Norman Brekke, Gilbert Cyriacs, Dave Ashley, Richard Chambers, Mike Ersland?

• minimus
    minimus

Gymbob, did you know Bruce Milette from Mass.?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit