BETHELITES - Whatever Became of?

by Black Man 296 Replies latest jw friends

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

hey any old time bethelites here, from the early to mid 60's?

I had a cousin that was in, but he has a pretty common name, Joe Murray

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

"Mark nevejans" I worked with his brother in the garage. If I remember correctly mark got married and moved to a bethel in south america (I think.)

"Terry Lafferty" When I got there he was kinda bethel heavy. I believe he was a dept. overseer and he gave one of my newboy lectures.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Does anyone remember Fred Curry who was the asst. pressroom overseer in the mid-90s? He was a single brother who had several run-ins with pressroom personnel. He was cool to me, but an ass-hole to the masses. Or how about Anselm Packnett who oversaw tape duplication in 360 Furman? Very jovial and funny sense of humor.

If it's the same Fred Curry, he is in Washington State now. I think he is still single. This one was at Bethel for some time. I knew his sister quite well. His mother and my mother were good friends too.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower
    David Fredrick

is this the brother who went to illinois (vandalia)? still JW last i heard, might be pioneering. I think he and his wife moved a couple years ago to oklahoma where they have family? i think his daughter (joanna?) married a bethelite. son Jeremy was in mexico in english congo last i heard? not sure if thats the same brother. he was involved with QB in drywall in illinois.

SnakesInTheTower (of the Fading Fast Sheep Class)

• VM44
    VM44

There is a HOWARD W ZENKE, age 79 listed for BROOKLYN, NY .

A BENA ZENKE, no age given, is also listed for BROOKLYN, NY .

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Wow, these names bring back lots of memories! I remember the following, mentioned above, pretty well:

Ciro and Lolli Aulicino, Jeff Barrons, Richard Chamberlain, Kelly Cook, Leroy Gaiters, Ed Harop, ,Jerry Jackson, Tom Jefferson, Ed Kostacheck, Terry Lafferty, Steve Lupo, Larry Mainers, Bruce Millette, Gill Nazaroff, Anselm Packnett, Joel Reed, Bob Schilling, Andy Seabury, Ray Spatz, Richard Tabuchi, Wayne Turner, Ralph and Virginia Walls, Patrick Ware, Lee Waters, Ernie Watts, Brian Woods, Claude Woodward, and Howard and Bena Zenke.

Also,

Fred Curry (We were in the same congregation in Jackson Heights.)

Gary Davis (We worked together in the shipping office.)

Bob and Alice Deaton (Alice was one of my wife's [Dianne] good friends.)

Mark Nevejans (Mark left JWs at the time he left Bkln Bethel, to the great disappointment of his mother and younger brothers)

Warren and Dorothy Weil (Dorothy was one of my wife's best friends. I expressed a few of my doubts to Warren, and he turned me in. I got a call from the gov. body office [David Sinclair]. Fortunately I remembered that Fred Franz had made comments in the sauna that stirred up the questions I raised. The sauna was located just across from my room in the 119 building.)

Anybody here remember the following?

Eric and Elfriede Anderson, Roberta Anderson, Russell Armacost, Fred Barnes, Walter Bennett, Tom and Gloria Cabeen, Cal and Zelda Chyke, Tom Combs, Joe Eames, Charlie Fekel, Doug Gielenfeldt, Gene Glazebrook, George Hannan, Klaus Jensen, Karl Kramer, Joe Luebeck, Warren and Theresa Manns, Bill McInnis, Harry and Rose Peloyan, Keith Perkins, Bill Peterson, Natheer Salih, Mike Siemens, Mike Smilnak, David Smith, -- Ahh! The names keep on a-comin'!

I was in Brooklyn part-time from June 1955 to July 1958 and then full-time up to December 1985 when I got transferred to north of the border. I left Canada Bethel and JWs in June 1994.

Frank Toth
    http://formerjw.homestead.com

• Open mind
    Open mind

fjtoth:

"Denzel Washington"

was in Bethel?

B4 or after Hollywood?

Open Mind

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Common mind,

Good catch! I was trying to remember a guy who looked like Denzel, and his name just wouldn't come to me. So I jotted down Denzel's name in hopes that the correct name would pop into my brain before hitting the submit button. Well, it didn't, and I still can't remember the guy's name. Maybe it'll come to me after I get some sleep.

Thanks,

Frank

• RedPill2006
    RedPill2006

Anybody remembers a guy named Rutherford? Big, tall guy with a voice like God......had a nickname....I think "THE JUDGE"......

You guys/gals are funny!! Do you know what you are doing? You're linking those names (of legit JW's, heavy Bethelites) FOREVER with material on this site. If somebody enters one of those names into Google, (just searching for a old lost friend) HE WILL END UP HERE!!!!

Keep them coming....

RedPill.

• LiveLife
    LiveLife

wunce_wuz,

Last I heard, John Ekrann is an overseer in Patterson. He oversees either the entire Information Technology and IT Support or at least one of the three divisions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit