BETHELITES - Whatever Became of?

by Black Man 296 Replies latest jw friends

• boyzone
    boyzone

Anybody here from the UK remember Shaun Mansbridge from London Bethel?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Does anyone know Rick and Charlotte Weaver? They were at Brooklyn for a long time until the late nineties, and were then transfered to the Farm and I think are still there. Rick's father, Ron Weaver, brought my dad into the truth.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

S4:

scaffolding crew was Carl Stone

I dont remember that name...but I was on scaffolding crew as a temp back in the late 80s I think up at Brooklyn. worked on the 360 Furman building (ironically, now condos..LOL)

They kept trying to give me a high pressure hose to knock paint off the ceiling... me..scrawny, 5' 5", 120 pounds soaking wet (which I was...wet..when using that thing)... I didnt have the hand strength to hold that handle (kind of like a car wash handle) for hours at at time...looking up at high ceilings, hot water dripping down on me..neck hurting...I kept shutting it off...they were afraid I was going to burn up the pump downstairs... so they put me on painting trim around the windows....and sanding the ceilings...had a sister "overseeing" me...lol...guess a temp ranked lower than a sister, gender not withstanding...heh heh

as to whatever became of.... As a temp at Walkill back in the mid 90s, I worked on a crew called.... hmmmm ....Archetectural... or something...Arch 2? We did all kinds of interesting projects in the new residence buildings... window trim... drop ceiling in the barber shop in the basement... assembling storage lockers...putting wood on the roof edge of the building (dont know what that was for..but it was an awesome view).... spent the last week organizing cabinets waiting install onto pallets by myself in the warehouse across the road...

I remember the crew had a tiny 2 cup coffee maker.... right before I left, I bought a regular 12 cup coffeemaker for them... tried to keep it quiet, but someone caught me putting it in... you never seen a bunch of people as happy as they were... I often wonder what happened to that cool crew... one of the good memories from my Borg days...

Snakes ()

• Black Man
    Black Man

bumping this back up..........

• Dino
    Dino

Has anyone heard how Marty Connor is doing?

He was the over most of the exterior painting projects at Walkill.

Last time I heard, he left Bethel and went to Waxahachie Texas. He divorced his crazy wife and I hope is living life large now!

Nice guy and the best to him.

Dino

• Dino
    Dino

BTW Black Man, how does it feel to be a Supreme One? You of little posts?!!! Just kidding, you have always been just THE MAN in my book.

Dino

• Black Man
    Black Man

Hey Dino, Yeah, supreme one - can you dig it? I'll have to post up some more b4 simon shuts this place down..........

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

I've got family that served at Brooklyn in the late 1960's / early 70's. One of them helped build the bowling alley (that I believe was later done away with). For a while one was assigned to a congregation in Harlem and had to be sneaked in and out since he was white and the area was a little rough.

------------------

Does anyone remember the Grimsley family who served for many years in the 80's and 90's at Watchtower Farms?

• mind my own
    mind my own

Anyone remember Grant Lee? Boy do I have stories about him!!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Wuncwuz: Here is a few names I thought of:

Patrick Ware, Richard Chamberlain, Jerry Jackson, Sylverstor Lee, Mark nevejans, Ernie Watts, Steve Lupo, Warren Weil, Ray Spatz, Ralph Walls, Allan Rico, Bob Pilcher, Jack Gingrich, Mike Wurtz, Dave Sargent, Randy Hackney, Mike Rogers, Tom Shirley, George maura, Leroy Gaiters, Larry Mainers, Lee Willaims, Jeff Price, Jim Spencer, Joe Pryor, Henry Knox, Steve Black, Claude Woodward, Richard Tabuchi, Renail Smith, Wayne Turner.

Jim Spencer is alive and well and will be renting an apt to my soon to be ex near Patterson. He was a Gilead misionary in Brazil for a while too.

DF: "Mark nevejans" I worked with his brother in the garage. If I remember correctly mark got married and moved to a bethel in south america (I think.)

That would be Ecuador... his bro Roger became a CO last I heard.

Dp: Does anyone know Rick and Charlotte Weaver? They were at Brooklyn for a long time until the late nineties, and were then transfered to the Farm and I think are still there. Rick's father, Ron Weaver, brought my dad into the truth.

I knew Charlotte.. she was transferred to do admin work for the waiter crew while I was in Bklyn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit