Are ex-JW still gullible or serpent-like?

by BEROEAN 141 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel8
    rebel8

Whenever jws claim they can do whatever they want and are not following men, I challenge them to share their real name and congregation's name so we can print out their posts and inform their elders. No one has ever taken me up on the challenge.

• sassy-ex-jw
    sassy-ex-jw

Well I haven't read through the entire postings of this subject but there is definitely one thing that I can agree upon and that is that Borean must be a "troll".

I grew up a JW from an early age and left at 17 when I decided to leave home. I always had questions and always wondered if the "small crowd" the bible talked about was maybe the crowd of people that don't put any one religion or organization ahead of another. That aside, I too question the bible. What I've come to terms with is that the bible has a lot of useful information in it. A lot of common sense though and a lot of that same stuff is used by various other religions/orgs.

Personally, I live by the rule to treat others they way I myself like to be treated. One of the things that I don't like is to e judged and I have found that the JW organization judged me all the time. I had to turn in reports for field service and if it was felt that I didn't do enough, I was talked to about it. The fact alone that I had to track it seemed rediculous. After all, if your actions speak louder than words, and you live under the word of God then wouldn't your report mean that you are active 24/7?

As for Borean (not sure if I'm spelling his name right or not as I'm going by memory) I find it really hard to believe that he is an Elder with the JW's. But then again, the JW's claim to be a united org but yet I found that each congregation has it's own set of rules within it.

I left the organization as I was going through a difficult time with my abusive mother and asked that I be granted some time to sort things out. I was 16 years old and didn't have a home or any possessions. I stayed with an Elder and his wife who I really liked and I found that this Elder was quite liberal in his views much the same as Borean but maybe not THAT liberal as he was still guided with the ORG and had his manual (yes something I found out about recently) to guide him in how to handle certain situations. The thing that disturbed me and actually resulted in my disassociating myself from the organization was that I was the one that was told that I would be on public reproof and disciplined within the org for leaving home when my mother tried to kill me. All the elders in our cong. knew that she was physically abusive as my sister had went to them serveral times before with her injuries ( my sis is 4 yrs older). However, because I had left home and my mother denied what she had done to us as children, I was the one that was being disciplined by them. I received no assistance from anyone in the cong. and was told that I still had to attend all the meetings where my mother was also present and that I had an obligation for field service. When I explained that I wasn't comfortable with that as she was threatening to me and they knew she was a threat and very manipulative, I was told too bad. When I asked for the time away until I could get a home (I was under the protection of Social Services) I was told that that wouldn't be possible and that no matter what, I would have to figure things out on my own and if I didn't attend meetings I would be disfellowshipped because it would APPEAR as though I was involved in some sort of wrong doing. The Elders told me that my sister (who I was staying with at the time) would have to leave me alone and not have anything to do with me. She would not be allowed to talk to me or have any association with me if I chose to take what I considered "a leave of absence" as I would be disfellowshipped, plain and simple. I was told that the only couscelling that I needed was with the Elders and that they would be able to repair things between my mother and I. I was in total shock and disbelief and made the decision right then and there, that I did not want to be part of any organization that would so quickly disown a follower in a time of crisis because they were not putting in their "time". During all this, my mother was the one that received all the support.

I have no hard feelings towards my mother at all. I pitty her because I know she is mentally ill. She is very manipulative and abusive and continues to be so. Her sisters find it very difficult to have anything to do with her but do maintain a distant relationship as their mother (my grandmother) is very old and in a home. I find this very commendable due to my mothers recent actions of physical abuse towards her mother and the fact that she took all her mothers money and spent it on herself. All this and yet my mother maintains a strong standing in the JW organization.

I cannot ever see me going back to that organization. I do believe their basic teachings of right and wrong. And I would like to believe that there will be a paradise. However, I do not believe in any man judging me for my thoughts or my beliefs.

Borean, I would like to know as an Elder, how would you handle the situation that I discribed? The same way as it was handled? What does your manual tell you to do? And if you would handle it different then the JW's are not a united flock as they claim to be (which has already been proved to me time and time again). And if you would handle it the same, then shame on you for allowing such wicked, hateful, greedy people in your organization and allowing a young hurt youth to find their way on their own.

As for me, I am a very strong individual mentally and am very level headed. I am a kind caring person that loves life and loves people. I feel passionate about helping people and making sure that life is as good as it can get.

Treat others as you yourself would like to be treated.... what a great statement to live by.

• poppers
    poppers

Borean - I'll repeat my post since you failed to address it: Borean, I wonder how many who are here have met others such as yourself while they were in, especially elders. My guess is that there are few like you. Which begs the question, "Why aren't there more such as yourself?" And, "what is it that prevents more from being like you profess to be?" Is it because people are sheep, or is it because people are convinced that they must be sheep following the lead of the WT, kowtowing to their every demand.

• davegod
    davegod
    As a sign of good will, here's a stock tip: Buy NOV-HR Options and sell by the end of the week. You'll make 20% on your return in two days. Later.

Ist off, calls or puts?! Second, why buy Novembers in June for a two day swing? You like buying theta for the fun of it?

• minimus
    minimus

These Borean types can't really challenge us regarding the Witnesses. So he tries to make it seem that in the past, JWs got involved in GB creature worship. The truth is that most "mature" Witnesses take very much to heart the talks of a GB member. Whether they ask for an autograph or not, they truly believe that the GB is directly appointed by Jah and Christ. To say otherwise would indicate that they are not true believers. Borean types generally don't look at what we might say that is true about the Witnesses so they try to attack the posters here. These Watchtower supporters really aren't supposed to be here! But they try to give misleading statements that seem to be against their Organization yet in reality they attempt to sponsor the Watchtower. They are soooooooooooooooooo easily exposed here, it isn't funny. But who knows, maybe we'll be able to help them. I dunno.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    But they try to give misleading statements that seem to be against their Organization yet in reality they attempt to sponsor the Watchtower

To me, the most offensive quality of BOREAN'S posts were the name calling and put downs of the current brothers and sisters he supposedly leads.

Any manager or supervisor in the real world that is worth anything, understands that when you turn on the troops instead of leading them, you have become totally inneffective and should resign immediately. It is however interesting to see this incompetance displayed in the words and actions of BORING, because it explains elders like himself who blame and punish victims, and allow the perpetrators to run free.

These Borean types can't really challenge us regarding the Witnesses. So he tries to make it seem that in the past, JWs got involved in GB creature worship

I think BOREAN and his alter ego PARIS, brought up creature worship bacause it is still an unresolved issue in his "everyone else is an idiot except me" world. I think what happened is that BOREAN like Paris, couldn't deal with not being front and center on his field trip....and when the attention shifted from him (Mr. I need to be the center of attention) to the man in the wheelchair, he responded by jumping in and monopolizing the conversation. BOREAN like PARIS have trouble when they are out of the limelight.

Is it really a big deal that the R&F when visiting a monument to the WTS world would get excited upon seeing an actual GB or "annointed"? No more than the millions of people who come here to Disney World and run each other over to get a picture with Mickey.

I think the real deal is that BOREAN is upset that the "creature worship" does not revolve around him.

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

'Who you be'

Here's a clip of my previous post. Where do I say I called a Bro. or Sis. a name to their face? You show a typical lack of common sense and ability to read and comprehend. Neither do I say the victims are to blame and the offenders are blameless. In the case mentioned, the offenders where dissed and the authorities were notified. We found out both the husband and wife had outstanding warrants and had been on the run. It took a great deal of shepherding AND recommended professional help to help out the young daughter as well as the offenders' kids. The friends in the congregation opened up their homes for the offenders' kids while Child Services made arrangements with their closest relatives. Each time any of the Elders who proved to be a "hiding place from the rainstorm" run into any of the three victims we're greeted with hugs of appreciation. As I mentioned, any kid that's taken advantage of is blameless. It's the parents and the offenders that are held accountable. Yes, there are times when a parents judgment may seem good and turn out disastrous. I'm not talking about those occassions. I'm talking about those that throw common sense, thinking ability, and instinct out the window because "It's a Brother.". As I mentioned, so many friends let their guard down when they walk through the KH doors.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please, please, please......I am not talking down to anyone here and i'm sorry if I come across that way. I get so angry when adults inside or outside the Org. are mad that other adults took advantage of them. I say adults because those of you that were kids in the truth are innocent. Personally, I wish I could take a baseball bat to your parents and whack some sense into them. It's their idiocy and their offenders that gives JDubs a bad name.

Jehovah said he would take the foolish things of the world to put the wise things to shame. Some of the foolish idiots in the Org. are too stupid to get out of their own way. Imagine what they'd do if the Org. wasn't around?!!! ******Tangent***** quick story. Recently there was a couple that allowed their daughter to go on vacation with a family that had just moved to the local cong. No forwarded publisher record cards, no elder body contact, nada! By the time the daughter came back ,the damage was nearly irreversible. The vacationing parents were coke addicts. Profanity, drug dealing, fighting, and the father making passes at the girl when he was "high" was enough to send that poor little girl over the edge. Her parents reasoning? "How would we have known? They're in the Truth."!!!!!!!! I could have given a roundhouse kick to the side of both of their heads!!!! ******Back*****

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

Minimum wage,

You still haven't answered my questions. Here they are again, in case you missed them:

I'll bother to respond to you this one time. Seeing how you were once an elder, PO, had parts on assemblies, AND a pioneer answer me this: If your studies of the Bible taught you to extend mercy to the flock, why did you choose to disfellowship undeserving ones? Why didn't YOU stand up to the CO's that convinced you to "play it safe" and disfellowship shady ones? Is it because you were too much of a coward and had the "Fear of Man" or did you enjoy bullying Joe publisher?Did the Org. keep your nads in a mason jar or was the 'Peter Principle' used in your case? You peruse this forum looking for someone to insult with your acumen, yet you despise the Org. for it's "holier than thou" mentality! Sure, you may have left the Org., but your stench of self-appointed "know-it-all" would make a corpse plug it's nose. One good thing about the Org. today is that dumbasses like you aren't appointed just because "your Dad is the PO." or a person doesn't get appointed because they "grew up in the truth.".

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

Rebel8,

Would you hand out your personal information to someone you don't know from Adam? Sure, that's what I'll do! Give out my personal information to a bunch of lunatics. They show up to the Kingdom Hall, get my phone number off the Public Talk list, backwards search my address, and case out my house and stalk my wife and kids. Yep. Just to prove to you that i'm an Elder that thinks for himself. Get over yourself.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    Where do I say I called a Bro. or Sis. a name to their face? You show a typical lack of common sense and ability to read and comprehend. Neither do I say the victims are to blame and the offenders are blameless.

Again, i'm not here saying the Org. is perfect. Far from it. But, as an Elder I see gullible "sheep" being taken advantage of by others often. They come crying to me asking if I can do anything. Sure. Let's read Proverbs 14:15, Job 34:3, 1 Thess. 5:21. So many are untrusting when it comes to "worldly" individuals, but let their guard down when they walk through the KH doors. Didn't Jesus say there would be wolves dressed in sheeps clothing?

SO A "GULLIBLE" SHEEP COMES TO YOU FOR ADVICE AND YOUR SOLUTION IS TO READ A FEW SCRIPTURES? HOW ABOUT CONFRONTING THE ONES WHO TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HER AND TELLING THEM THAT IF THEY DO IT ONE MORE TIME YOU'LL HAND THEIR ASS TO THEM?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit