Are ex-JW still gullible or serpent-like?

by BEROEAN 141 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

DUDE...DO YOU WATCH "THE VIEW" OR DO YOU WATCH "THE APPRENTICE"?

FOR CHRIST SAKE START BEHAVING LIKE A MAN AND DO YOUR JOB.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I think we should all commend Beroean for attempting to answer our questions.....well, not all our questions. Is it just me, or does it seem to you that every time someone comes on this forum stating that they are a "progressive" elder, and tells us how good it is to be in the congregation, etc. they will NOT answer these questions?

Also, you neglected to answer my question about what the WTS would say about your "visits" here with us. What if you had to counsel a publisher about coming to internet sites? What would you say to him/her?

What is your answer, Beroean????

• minimus
    minimus

Beroean is a jerk. The King of Mumbo-Jumbo. Probably deleted as an elder----or better yet, still isn't. Remember, elders don't come here.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Uneducated volunteer "servants" are hardly qualified to judge someone's faith.

The society had little faith in the holy spirit guiding the elders so they put out a special book telling them how to handle the "flock". But personal feelings and bias always come into it.

They don't know how to fix it and now the problem is too big to address. Just hope that the pioneers are reeling them in faster than the elders are chasing them out I guess.

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    They don't know how to fix it and now the problem is too big to address.

REAL SIMPLE...PUT THE WOMEN IN CHARGE AND TELL THE BOYS TO TURN IN THEIR BRIEFCASES AND MOVE TO THE BACK OF THE ROOM.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Mysterious,

If you're gay, that's your deal. Personally, I don't hate gay people, I just choose not to hang out with them. Personal preference. If you want to go to the gay pride parade chewing on a red ball go for it. Not my style. And don't try to tell me how "morally wrong and unloving" my view is. Most of the people on this board dislike JWs.

Actually I'm not gay. Nor have I ever been to a gay pride parade. Yes a lot of this board dislike JWs, a lot have also been JWs. The fact remains you have not been gay nor have you given me any reason to believe you are anything less than a bigot or have any good reason for choosing not to associate with them. I'm not going to tell you how morally wrong and unloving you are, I'm going to tell you how irrational are prejudiced you are.

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

Minnie,

First off, the FDS does not forbid us from doing anything. It warns of the dangers of associating with apostates. Hence, if a "gullible sheep" listened to every "unisnspired expression" and started voicing such rhetoric among others as if it were truth, they'd get the attention of those guarding over the flock. When i'm at home on Sunday morning and Pat Robertson comes on my plasma, should I get dissed? Was Solomon (a huge apostate) dissed or does he await a ressurection?

Secondly, you can say you were just following orders like a Nazi SS officer, but the mere fact that you mentioned how it didn't sit well with you shows you ignored your conscience because of what repercussions would come your way! COWARD.

Lastly, I think your Elder Body cowtowed to a CO and when the cry of complaint became so loud, the Org. sent envoys to investigate. After they were done your entire Elder body was removed and the embarrassment was too great for you so you decided to "grandstand" by claiming you were fed up with the Org. and that's why you left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I disfellowshipped undeserving ones because the Society told us to NOT extend mercy even if we as elders felt otherwise. First the "Slave" said to extend mercy and then quickly thereafter changed its mind. But of course, you're not an elder that follows their direction so what difference does it make?

When the "Slave" tells the COs what to do, we followed "Mother's" direction because as we were regularly taught," Mother knows best!".

No cowardice here or fear of man. Just fulfilling our "elder responsibilities". Bullying isn't very nice, now is it, BE?

My nads were in "theocratic submission".

You think you can try to play it both ways---one where you stay in the Organization and boast that you do whatever you want to do and one here where you're forbidden to be because of "apostates".

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

BEROEAN...I THINK ITS PRETTY CLEAR BY NOW THAT THE MAJOR PREREQUISITE OF SERVING AS A JW ELDER IS TO CHECK YOUR BALLS AT THE DOOR...YOU'VE PROVEN THAT IN SPADES.

WHEREAS MINIMUS HAS HAD TIME TO GROW THEM BACK SINCE LEAVING, YOU RUN AROUND LIKE A NEUTERED TOMCAT...TALKING ABOUT YOUR EXPLOITS

YOU ARE THE ONE WITH NO BALLS.WHY IS IT THAT EVERYONE SEES THAT EXCEPT YOU?

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

Why would I have to counsel someone for just coming to this site? If we had to counsel every member for going on the internet we'd get lock jaw! Friends find and marry people from sites like these! Why do some of you think you're so scary? It's like you think JW's are scared or intimidated by you. The only reason why most JW's don't come to sites like this is because they get tired of your irrational arguments. Quite frankly, i'm disappointed at the lack of "insider" intel. I thought ex-members of the BORG had photos of GB members living in the Hamptons, being driven around in Limos, and sportin grilles! You know, real iIluminati type stuff. So far I got nothin! I want the grease! The grimy! The gristle! COME ON!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, you neglected to answer my question about what the WTS would say about your "visits" here with us. What if you had to counsel a publisher about coming to internet sites? What would you say to him/her?

• restrangled
    restrangled

After reading this thread over several days, I have a few observations as a victim of "elders".

First off Borean, for you to be here waffling between being in/out (defending and degrading your sheep, superiors etc.) makes you extremely suspect.

I'm not sure you are an elder, and if you are, you're probably on your way out big time. Your description of present day witnesses belies your believability. When I was 16 years old I came to the conclusion that most elders were men who never made it in the real world and this was their opportunity to wear a 3 piece suit, carry a brief case and make "big time" decisions. During the week they wore janitor uniforms or stayed at home in their pajamas collecting unemployment compensation and tortured their wives.

I find that you are just as full of yourself as those little mamas boys 30 years ago.

Get in or get out, and if you really are an elder any child molesters should be thrown to the dogs. Please do not quote the following and pretend your are so modern concerning the witnesses.

You are as backward as they ever were and still are.

Hence, a child molester is subject to severe congregational discipline and restrictions. It is not his status as an authority figure that should be of concern but, rather, the unblemished purity of the congregation.—1 Corinthians 5:6; 2 Peter 3:14.

Do you really understand what that says?!!!!!

Not his status as an authority figure should be of concern??????....

r

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit