MAJOR UN/WTS NEWS- UN LETTER & 1992 Press R...

by hawkaw 589 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• chasson
    chasson

I have still send the gardian's article translate in french to the mils.

i will translate the two resolution of 1968.

I must have the exact links of the actually requirement of an NGO, now but i have not found it on randy and kent's sites. They have written it but not give the links ? Perhaps i have not all read.

I will send all to them with the two answer of representative of JW that i have still translate.

Could you send-me the links of all the stuff you tell me, i have a little time and have loosed a lot of contribution on this issue.

Thanks a lot.

I don't want the scan only the links ?? In france, we have still access on internet with modem ;-)

Bye

Charles

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Charles, watch your wording.

The WTS has always been a NGO. The key here is that the WTS solicited the beast's DPI, the DPI "accredited" the WTS (the NGO) as an "associate" of the United Nations Department of Public Information.

The "how it is done and the "criteria for association" are found originaly in two 1968 resolutions (1296 & 1297). I have stated this before and so has Tribolite but here they are again.

The UN's Econmic and Social Council (ECOSOC resolutions) 1297 and 1296 of 1968 authorized formal NGO association with DPI. The URL link is as follows:

( http://www.un.org/partners/civil_society/docs/ngo1297.htm#association

( http://www.globalpolicy.org/ngos/ngo-un/info/res-1296.htm

Resolution 1297 indicated NGOs who want to associate with DPI must meet "the letter and spirit of Council resolution 1296 governing consultative status". Now look at Principles 2 and 3 in Resolution 1296. Below I have stated them in full:

"2. The aims and purposes of the organization shall be in conformity with the spirit, purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations."

"3. The organization shall undertake to support the work of the United Nations and to promote knowledge of its principles and activities, in accordance with its own aims and purposes and the nature and scope of its competence and activities. "

This means that the Watchtower had to VOLUNTARILY AGREE to "obey" the spirit, purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations or the scarlet colored wild beast.

Also keep in mind that the Watchtower had to fill out an "annual accreditation form" every year to remain "accredited" with the UN. Are they going to tell me that they didn't know what the criteria was at the same time they needed to fill out a form every year?

Oh!!!! The UNs other official language is FRENCH!!!! Go to the UN's library ( [email protected]) and request the French copies of the resolutions and the two 1992 press releases issued by DPI (to locate releases please note that the 14 February 1992 Press Release has a file number "NGO/208 PI/775" and the 7 August 1992 Press Release has a file number "NGO/211 PI/770). Oh one other thing Resolution 1296 was updated by ECOSOC in 1996 in Resolution 31 (gopher://gopher.un.org/00/esc/recs/1996/E-RES96.31).

To understand NGOs and the DPI better go to the following url:

( http://www.un.org/partners/civil_society/ngo/ngos-dpi.htm#top

Charles, no offence but it sounds like you better understand the issue better before you discuss it with your friend. If I am wrong I apologize in advance.

hawk

• chasson
    chasson
    Charles, no offence but it sounds like you better understand the issue better before you discuss it with your friend. If I am wrong I apologize in advance

Totally agree with you ;-)

Have you the link of the "requirement" to be affiliate in 2001 ?

Edited: Sorry you have give it to me...

Have you a text version of the 1992's requirement and not the scan?

Bye

Charles

• gibsite
    gibsite

This is an enourmous thread and I may have missed something but has anyone checked to see if you actually need to belong to anything in order to use the UN library facilities ?

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

For the record.

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York was a NGO before "association" in 1992 with the UN's Department of Public Information (DPI), during "association" and since Oct. 9, 2001 when the UN DPI "disassociated" the Watchtower.

So what is an NGO??? Here is the definition found at the bottom of the following URL.

( http://www.un.org/partners/civil_society/ngo/ngos-dpi.htm#top

"A non-governmental organization (NGO)is any non-profit, voluntary citizens' group which is organized on a local, national or international level.Task-oriented and driven by people with a common interest, NGOs perform a variety of services and humanitarian functions, bring citizens' concerns to Governments, monitor policies and encourage political participation at the community level. They provide analysis and expertise, serve as early warning mechanisms and help monitor and implement international agreements. Some are organized around specific issues, such as human rights, the environment or health. Their relationship with offices and agencies of the United Nations System differs depending on their goals, their venue and their mandate."

hawk

• zev
    zev

gibsite
    good question

hawkaw...

can you email me privately at ******************

ok fine....people wanna be fools....
    {see post below}

now no one will know what i have in my posession.

-Zev
    -August 8th, 2001 - The day the lambs ROARED

• Moxy
    Moxy

just a note on terminology. im all for correct wording but lets not go nuts on this. to say 'registered with the UN as an NGO' is not inaccurate. just as you might register with the government as a not-for-profit organization or as a religion. it doesnt imply that you werent one before, it just indicates the status the body (UN in this case) recognizes you to have. the term NGO is chiefly a UN term. tho it describes any organization that is non-governmental just by definition, i dont really see it used in any other context, so it seems quite accceptable to talk of 'registering as an NGO.'

mox

• ianao
    ianao
    can you email me privately at [email protected]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHAH HIC AHAHAHAHAHAHA HOOO... HEH.

Sorry.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Mox,

As Alan F, Max, Mad Apostate and others have taught me - JWs hammer and hack up anyone if they find even the littlest thing wrong with what you are presenting.

I can't say this enough - Use the words that the UN has "officially" used or you are going to get mixed up and look like an idiot. How many times have I seen the phrase (wrongly stated) "the UN registered the Watchtower as a NGO". This is a false statement and proves nothing. What proves something (ie. support for UN Charter) is if the Watchtower, as a NGO, becomes an "associate" NGO with the UN's DPI.

Also NGOs is a term used outside of the UN relm if you have read any of Mad Apostates outstanding finds.

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Hi Zev,

I gave you an Email then I popped on the board and saw someone's comment. Oh to verify it is me I gave you my phone number and real name.

You can send whatever you want to me and I will not publish it. I will keep whatever you want to tell me quiet or whatever.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit