MAJOR UN/WTS NEWS- UN LETTER & 1992 Press R...

by hawkaw 589 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

LoneWolf:

This is by far the best news release I've read concerning the UN fiasco!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Moxy, sorry about getting the numbers mixed up but you are right it is 1296 and 1297 that were approved in 1968.

Yes you have the right idea when it comes to the application package sent by DPI to new NGOs. They are three separate forms that go out to applicants in one package. Kent just posted the application form in .jpeg and typed the other two forms beside it. I have the three separate forms here on my computer with a cover Email from DPI if you need it.

Speaking of Kent, How come the Gillies letter hasn't been posted yet??

I can confirm L. Barry's name was on the applicantion form.

Paul Hoeffel's letter also clearly contradicts Gillies letter wrt NGO association.

I like that press release LW.

hawk

• Kent
    Kent

Here is the official JW respons. To me there is a strong smell of rotten fish :)

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• nelly136
    nelly136

has the UN been sent a copy of that letter?
    am sure theyd be very interested in their alleged
    lapse of informing the watchtower what exactly
    was required of them,
    are we supposed to believe that the best of the watchtower
    legal department didnt know what they were doing?
    especially when they have cv's like this?. http://firms.findlaw.com/mccabe/memo2.htm

Bulgarian Helsinki Committee and Citizens for Religious Tolerance, Sofia, Bulgaria: "Religious Tolerance In A Human Rights Perspective." A legal perspective of The Role on the Non-Governmental Organizations. Addressing the religious freedom in general context of promotion of a human rights culture in the post-communist society.—guest speaker, January 14-15, 1995.

nelly

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Yes they have been sent a copy of it and been asked to comment in writing. I also verbally told them about it over the phone.

Bottom line - they don't care. Oleg told me that the UN disassociated the WTS and they are gone so the UN doesn't care any more.

So I guess we will have to get the help of the press and a few others if we want to push the UN.

This is a great letter as wannahelp points out for the simple reason that the bozos have admitted that they were in a "membership" (Gillies word not mine) with the UN.

Other information such as the Resolutions of 1968, the press releases of 1992 and Hoeffel's own UN letter of Oct 11, 2001 clearly show that the criteria was around back then, they knew about it and was published.

Now I am trying to get copies of the blank annual accreditation forms that the WTS would have had to fill out. More iciing on the cake.

hawk

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Making sure this press statement by Gillies does not fall off the front page of this db.

hawk

• chasson
    chasson

Here is an article of a french's newspaper about a reaction of the french's government mission on the infiltration of the UN by some NGO self proclamed:(automatic translation sorry)

Certain NGO would be infiltrated

Sects found a new ground of preference to spread their theses and to collect capital: the non-governmental organizations ( ONG ).

In the report, the interministerial mission dedicate a wide place to the denunciation of the sectarian entryism within the ONG. The MILS underlines that " in their international functioning, sectarian movements use gladly the tools which allow them to escape in any legality the control of States. "

According to the experts, the NGO " became very strong control levers of influence, powerful relays of opinion, big international coordinators ".

The MILS quotes " a high-ranking servant of a country of Asia " asserting that certain ONG " acquired more importance than many States themselves ".

Now 2.012 ONG obtained a consultative status with the UN. And 918 others deposited demands to obtain it. This status, often granted(tuned) without serious study of the UN , confers on these organizations a respectability and allows them to participate in international conferences mission does not quote any ONG's name. His) president evoked recent colloquiums of the OSCE on the freedom of religion and the rights of the man, during which some have been able to send representatives as the Scientology and the Jehovah's Witnesses.

The MILS raises the question that the committee of the NGO of the UN asked for a stricter control during the renewal of this status, every four years. The possibility of establishing a "quota" of accredited NGO was also evoked.

original :

http://www.bretagne-online.com/telegram/htdocs/archive/2000/20001222/IG/article/art_010B070400_2088105.htm

P.S ONG=NGO
    Mils= French's government Mission against cult.

Bye

Charles

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Charles:

Can you collect all the links that I have posted showing the WTS's involvement in 3 U.S. Congressional Hearings, their "friendship" with HRWF and CESNUR, UNDPI, UNHCR, etc., and sent these to MILS, with the request to let you know of other affiliations had by the WTS, and any other conferences in which they have participated?

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

The letter said a signature was not required - is this true? I remember reading somewhere along these threads the the GB member themselves signed the application -had nothing to do w/legal corp.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I am unclear if they had to sign the form or not. However, they had to sign a "cover letter" that combines the 4 page form, references, financial statements and examples of their work to prove they supported the UN.

Whether they signed the "form" is one of those who cares and why bring it up. All it does is incite a reporter to ask the WTS to show the applications and the annual accreditation forms and of course the UN's letter congratulating them on accreditation.

Remember the WTS itself was an "associate". The WTS of NY represents ALL Jehovah's Witnesses and the Governing Body. Thus, the corporation has been in bed with the beast for 10 years.

As for Lloyd Barry's name - I was told verbally over the phone by Isolda Oca (UN's NGO/DPI Public Informations Officer) that Barry's name and Ciro's name were on the application form. Also I have no idea whose name was on the annual accreditation form but the form requires any change in formation on who is the corporate president etc.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit