MAJOR UN/WTS NEWS- UN LETTER & 1992 Press R...

by hawkaw 589 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Some problems with this Gilles letter.

The legal Corporation, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York applied in 1991 but WAS NOT registered (proper word "accredited") until 1992 by the Department of public Information.

Gilles is also wrong that the UN registered the WTS as a NGO. The Watchtower was already an NGO. What the DPI did was "accredit the WTS in 1992 and gave the WTS, as a NGO, an "associate" status with the UN's DPI.

It may have give the writer a library card but they forgot that they must support the UN Charter and the WTS must provide a route (through their magazines) to help promote the UN. They also had to provide 4 references and go through a lot of loops. Just look at the 1992 press releases at the time the WTS joined. The DPI makes it clear that NGOs need to SUPPORT the UN charter.

If there was no signature on any of the forms, prove it - lets see the forms. The criteria has alway been there and they would have seen it up front or during any of their annual form submissions. Why would Ms. Isolda quote me L. Barry's name (former GB member) along with Ciro's name.

Gilles also misses the point that an annual accreditation form must be filled out every year by the NGO and they must annually submit their works showing how they got the UN's message out to its followers or they lose accredation.

hawk

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Ohh, everyone stop.. Hold the phone.. Let's all retract our statements.. The WTBTS did nothing wrong..

We all forgot about Jehovah's golden rule:

If you want a library card, you can go to extra-ordinary means, even fornicating with wild beasts to obtain it..

Darn, I forgot about seeing that in the scriptures:

1 FullofDung 1:12

Truly I say to you, thee should go forth, multiply and obtain library cards from all your enemies at all cost. For this is the path to rightousness

• Sirona
    Sirona

What makes me sick about that email by Gilles is that he is offering a great excuse for Dubs to say "oh it was all innocent after all".

My own family told me they were waiting for the society to comment on the issue. If they hear this explanation, they will buy it and feel smug, while still ignoring me when I point out the facts!

argh.
    Sirona

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Hahahahahaha

Years later, unbeknown to the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, the United Nations published “Criteria for Association”, stipulating that affiliated NGO’s are required to support the goals of the United Nations.
    Too bad the criteria was already laid out in 1968 with ECOSOC Resolutions 1267 and 1268.

Too bad the 1992 and more recent UN DPI Press Releases shown in this thread clearly point out the required criteria.

Too bad they had to complete an annual form to keep their creditation that would clearly have provided the criteria.

Too bad the rules were changed by ECOSOC in 1996 updating the old resolutions 1267 and 1268 and thus, NGOs were notified of this.

Too bad there is a brouchure produced every year showing NGOs and what they have to do.

Like come on people they needed to submit and provide their work every year showing what they were doing in order to stay accredited.

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

So its okay to go and get a library card by filling out a complicated form and getting the help of 4 references and agreeing to voluntarily support the UN charter that deals with supporting military actions in certain situations for 10 years.

But those poor guys in prison right now must stay there because they are not allowed to participate in manditory military duty.

hawk

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

I hope that when the UN sees that WT has made a public statement full of lies about their membership with them that the UN will cough up the original copies of the application and expose them for the liers they are!!

I knew this is what they would do.I'm so mad,I want to cuss!!

Ranchette

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Hi Ranchette,

Turn your negatives into positives..

We can certainly show anyone who wants to listen the truth.. In fact, they can call the UN themselves and get the requirements, which have been in effect since 1968..

Just because the WT lied is not a bad thing... In fact, the lies will be easy to expose, because they are such blatent lies...

What we have to do is make sure when the articles get published in news papers, or anywhere else, that they include in them that the NGO application has existed since 1968, has always required a signature, and that the requirements of "supporting the UN charter" have been in effect since before they applied as well..

If current JW's don't want to see the truth, as much as that might hurt us because we want to show our loved ones the 'real truth', we won't be able to do anything about it..

But, by their lies and deceit, it will be easier for the one's with real questions to see through the WT, and also it will certainly show people not in the cult exactly how the cult works, and serve as a good warning for people when that knock comes at their door..

Don't let the anger get to ya.. Turn it into a positive!!!!!

- Wannahelp

• nelly136
    nelly136

. http://www.disc.co.uk/standfirm/contacts.htm

Contacts
    Mark Leigh or Paul Gillies
    Public Affairs Office for Jehovah's Witnesses
    Watch Tower House
    The Ridgeway
    LONDON NW7 1RN
    Tel: 020 8906 2211
    Fax:020 8371 0051

e-mail: [email protected]

• MadApostate
    MadApostate
    P.S. Please do not publish my e-mail address.

Contact in Britain:
    Paul Gillies,
    telephone 020 8906 2211;
    Fax: 020 8371 0051;
    E-mail: [email protected]

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Wannahelp,
    Your right,I'm just extra emotional right now.
    When I first saw this all I could think of is how quick the rank and file will gulp this down.

Now I'm thinking that the more lies WT tells and all the people they are pissing off is bound to backfire on them.

They are being hit from alot of different angles and they are reacting instead of making good decisions.
    This is to our advantage.

Ranchette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit