MAJOR UN/WTS NEWS- UN LETTER & 1992 Press R...

by hawkaw 589 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Oh I also forgot to mention that a DPI Directory of all NGOs is being published and is coming out the end of this year. The WTS's name and their representatives are in the directory because they were disassociated (I love that word) by the UN after the book went to publication.

Don't you just hate when that happens.

I am getting my NGO and my University library (which is a UN Depository) to order extra copies.

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Steve Bates our good friend at the Guardian Newspaper has received some interesting Emails from a few people regarding this Watchtower/United Nations scandal.

The one thing I noticed (besides all the absolute crap) is this guy does not know how to capitalize.

hawk

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sent by: Ian Mayes

To: CN=Stephen Bates/OU=Guardian/O=GNL@GNL
    cc:

Subject: RE; MR. STEPHEN BATES' BIASED ARTICLE ON JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES AND THE
    UN

--------------------- Forwarded by Ian Mayes/Guardian/GNL on 30/10/2001 10:15 am ---------------------------

[email protected] on 29/10/2001 07:27:55 pm
    Status
    To: Guardian Reader@GNL
    Subject: RE; MR. STEPHEN BATES' BIASED ARTICLE ON JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES AND THE UN

Gentlemen:

Mr. Bates' article is a disgrace to all journalists. please kindly forward this to him:

Sir:

There are some grossly inaccurate comments in your article on jehovah's witnesses:

<The United Nations is being asked to investigate why it has granted
    associate status to the Jehovah's Witnesses, the fundamentalist US-based Christian sect, which regards it as the scarlet beast predicted in the Book of Revelation. >

jehovah's witnesses are not fundamentalists. they are not a us-based christian sect; they are a christian-based sect.

<The UN itself admitted yesterday that it was surprised that the sect, whose formal name is the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, had been accepted on its list of non-governmental organisations for the last 10 years.>

the formal name of this 'sect' is jehovah's witnesses, not the watchtower bible and tract society of new york. that is the legal corporation representing jehovah's witnesses.

<Followers who criticise the Witnesses' leaders or question their decisions are routinely "disfellowshipped" which means fellow members including their families must shun them.>

wrong again. no one is disfellowshipped for criticizing or questioning
    'leaders' decisions. jehovah's witnesses don't have 'leaders'. their one leader is jesus christ.

Mr. Bates, it appears from your article that you are indeed biased. shame on you. since when do journalists show bias?? the article contains statements taken out of context and seems to favor the 'disaffected' members whom you so obviously gleefully consulted while eagerly running to your pc to spit out such a shabby piece of journalism.

these 'disaffected' ones you consulted are actually disfellowshipped. that means they are adulterers, fornicators, liars, thieves, murderers, perverts, and apostates. in short, this means they are the dumped-out refuse who no longer choose to remain in a clean and high caliber organization, amongst clean and high-caliber people. thus, they no longer are quite fit to remain in it. are these the types of individuals you consult?

<An obscure and ill-publicised decision by the hierarchy in New York last year modifying the prohibition on transfusions by deeming that God had revealed to them that transfusions of some blood components might be acceptable, providing there was later repentance, has come too late for many hundreds of followers known to have died because they refused blood. >

what is the 'obscure and ill-publicised decision by the hierarchy' (and who's the hierarchy??)? and who are the 'hundreds' who have died? name them from your 'sources', please.

my advice, sir, is for you to go back to school to sharpen your much-needed and sorely-lacking journalism skills and learn to write accurate and non-biased information.

cheers.

- att1.htm

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Hawk Said:

"Don't you just hate when that happens."

Awww, it breaks my wittle heart to hear they will be listed for another year!!!! Of course, once the book is out in print, anyone showing that book to members should be very careful to say that they were indeed disassociated in 2001... I can see it now, they look up the UN website, see that the WTBTS is NOT listed, and then say apostates had the books published with their name in it.. Tell them to call the UN and ask for verification!!!!

"I am getting my NGO and my University library (which is a UN Depository) to order extra copies. "

Oh, cut it out, you know as well as I do you're just doing it for the library card <ROFL>

• outnfree
    outnfree

Thanks MadApostate for the WCA's annual letter. Very enlightening!

Hawk,
    I am laughing my head off!!! Betcha Ciro's real sorry they requested termination so quickly. Now nobody can get into the library to destroy the evidence!!!

As for that e-mail to Stephan Bates? Another Witness who doesn't have HIS facts straight about his own organization. Sad.
    I think I just may dash off an e-mail of support to Mr. Bates this afternoon to counteract the vitriol.

Thanks, again, to both of you!
    An admirer

• nelly136
    nelly136

ROFLMTO
    I love that email to Stephen Bates, I hope he gets lots just like it
    from other jws, they really are their own best witness.

nelly

• stephen Bates
    stephen Bates

Dear Friends,

In case anyone is wondering about the name on my splendid recent email from the JW called quastie1...Ian Mayes is the readers' editor of the Guardian and is a perfectly innocent party - he just forwarded me quastie's note. He is the man whose job it is on the paper to receive readers' complaints and comments and he's starting to get used to receiving abusive e-mails, especially from people like quastie (I imagine him to be a small furry animal for some reason, with prominent teeth and a deep burrow) who don't have the courage or conviction to sign their own names. Our letters editor (who handles the readers' letters page) has also received a few - notably the one from Mr Gillies, who has somehow gone all quiet again.

Best wishes,

Steve Bates

PS: The Tablet is carrying an article by me this Friday: www.thetablet.co.uk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Thanks Steve,

Making url clickable

( http://www.thetablet.co.uk

hawk

• one
    one

wannahelp,

TWO already died days ago. one is Mr. Silva, i was told he used to be "branch overseer" in broklyn. He did a lot of recordings for the distric and international conventions. At least i remember he interviwed me when i applied to work at Bethel.

The same day at the same place a missionary named Abigail also died.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I have noticed that the total hits on this thread and the first thread started by MacH. has gone over 36,000 hits.

I guess we have the attention of a few people. Now if we can only get this terrorist crap off the front page of the news we may have a chance to really do some more carpet bombing.

One final note for those who are interested. Last night was the first time Dateline aired something not terrorist related. I have a good feeling about this folks (nothing official or behind the scenes stuff - just a good feeling)

Gee, getting smacked by the UN thing and then millions of Americans watch the pedophile stuff in November, 2001 would be a killer to the "spin" doctors in Brooklyn.

As they say in football after a linebacker sacks a quarterback real hard - "that's going to leave a mark".

hawk

• nita6368
    nita6368

That gentleman responsible for the email said we disfellowshipped ones are: "that means they are adulterers, fornicators, liars, thieves, murderers, perverts, and apostates. in short, this means they are the dumped-out refuse who no longer choose to remain in a clean and high caliber organization, amongst clean and high-caliber people. thus, they no longer are quite fit to remain in it." I have been disfellowshipped for several years and I am none of those and never have been.Judging from the state of the "organization" , we are not the ones who are unfit.Child Molestation, The UN...whats next? Hats off to everyone working hard to uncover the cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit