MAJOR UN/WTS NEWS- UN LETTER & 1992 Press R...

by hawkaw 589 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Oh,

I forgot one more important fact for all of you people (badwillie comes to mind) that are being chastized by the organization for bringing out in the open that the WT was an NGO..

Paul Gilles letter openly admits that they were an NGO... !!!!

So, now they cannot deny it any longer.. They themselves have admitted it.. Another positive!!!!!

Keep looking for the positive nuggets of gold in their statements.. !!!!

In fact, if BadWillie wanted to, I wonder what would happen if he went back to his JC with the WT admission, and let them know that the WT had lied to elders themselves..

I guess the elders weren't entitled to the whole truth, and were the WT's enemies, as they state in their definition of a lie!!!!

----
    The Watchtower, 12/15/92, page 22, in an article titled: "Why Is It So Easy to Lie?"

Now consider this definition of the word "lie":
    'A lie is defined as "1. a false statement or action, especially one made with intent to deceive . . . 2. anything that gives or is meant to give a false impression." The intention is to cause others to believe something that the liar knows is not the truth."
    ----

Theocratic Warfare

1957.0501 W,285 Hiding the truth for the sake of the ministry is encouraged

1957.0501 W,285-286 "So, in time of spiritual warfare it is proper to misdirect the enemy by hiding the truth."

-----

Hmm, I guess the elders were the 'enemy' at that point, huh???

Oh, and when the WT gives the exuse that the information was still in the process of being 'researched' when the request came in, then of course you would have to point out to the elders that, "Hmmm, if they gave you an answer before they had finished all their research isn't that not very prudent of them, especially because it resulted in me being reprooved for it?"

Or, if the elders themselves didn't check to see if the information presented was valid or not with Brooklyn, wouldn't the same argument above still be valid? "Then that was irresponsible of you.. You are supposed to take care of the flock, but you made an error, I presented facts, you dismissed the facts, and reprooved me without even checking.. Bad elder, Bad!"

• Englishman
    Englishman

English-speaking contact: Paul Gillies, mobile telephone, + 44 7775 833880

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Hey Hawk,

Why don't you send the WT definitions of Lie and Theocratic Warfare to Steven Bates..

I'm sure he'd be impressed with it, and will be able to put any and all correspondence sent to him from the WT in proper context :-)

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

wannahelp,

Point of Clarification.

Gilles admitted wrongly that they registered with the UN as a NGO.

For the record the WTS has always been a Non Governmental Organization - always have always.

Gilles goofed like a lot do on the "wording". Talk about inaccuracies!!!

What Gilles should have said was that in 1991 the WTS of NY, as a NGO, Voluntarily applied to become "associated" with the UN (DPI) and in 1992 (not 1991) were "accredited" by DPI and obtained official "associate" status.

What a bozo!! He doesn't even understand nor do I think anyone else at Bethal understand the correct terminolgy.

hawk

• messenger
    messenger

*** it-1 726 Enemy ***
    On the other hand, there are many who become God’s hard-set enemies, including Satan and the wicked demons, who gather the nations in opposition to God (Re 16:13-16); the apostate “man of lawlessness,” who sets himself in opposition to God (2Th 2:3, 4); “Babylon the Great,” whose “sins have massed together clear up to heaven” (Re 17:5; 18:5); “the wild beast” out of the sea, which gets its power and authority from Satan the dragon (Re 13:1, 2, 6); the two-horned “wild beast,” which promotes worship of that sea “beast” (Re 13:11, 12); the “scarlet-colored wild beast” that is “full of blasphemous names” (Re 17:3); and those who persist in supporting them (Re 19:17-21). These God will destroy.—De 32:41; Isa 59:18; Re 20:10.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Notice Gilles letter talks about the purpose of getting the "association" but he doesn't explain what they had to do to get the "association" (ie, the crieria).

Do these guys ever stop.

hawk

• Osarsif
    Osarsif

The spokesman of the Jehovah's Witnesses in Portugal says:

"The registry as NGO was made only to be able to give humanitarian help and defend the human rights in several countries of the world [...] like Angola, Bosnia, Georgia, Rwanda [...] without the support of the UNO it would not be possible to distribute humanitarian help".
    (Source: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=14107 )

The spokesman of the Jehovah's Witnesses in Britain says:

"one of our legal corporations registered with the United Nations as a NGO (non-governmental organization) for the sole purpose of getting access to the extensive library of the United Nations."
    (Source: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=13530&page=13 )

So, which is it?

These JW public relations guys are a complete joke.

• Gozz
    Gozz

... And the Tower falls on the Whore... there's no place to hide

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Hawk:

From Giles letter:

"In 1991 one of our legal corporations registered with the United Nations as a NGO (non-governmental organization) for the sole purpose of getting access to the extensive library of the United Nations. "

I understand exactly what you are saying, and I have a feeling that the 'bozos' at Bethel aren't as stupid as we would like them to be..

But, the case in point here is that the letter clearly states that THEY REGISTERED WITH THE UNITED NATIONS AS AN NGO!!!!

If they didn't read the by-laws of what that meant, which BTW would be impossible since they had to sign to become an NGO, and realize that the association meant much more than getting a library card, like having to 'support' and show proof of such support yearly, then that isn't our problem, that would be the WT's problem... Just as important, it shows that THEY INITIATED THE STEP TO GET REGISTERED.. THEY CONTACTED THE BEAST, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!!!

Interestingly enough, they left a wonderful trail: Don't forget the Awake! articles that come out showing the UN in a good light.. People here themselves said that made them curious when they were witnesses...

Well, turn that into a positive.. When talking to witnesses, ask them if what we are saying is not true, why does the WT portray the UN in good light in recent Awake! articles? Why would they support the UN at all? Something doesn't add up here with their story...

I believe it was to 'show' proof to the UN so they could keep their precious library card, but isn't that going against god? They are now supporting the UN in one of God's magazines.. (Read the purpose statement of the Awake! magazine to them... It cleary shows the purpose, and states infatically "Creators promise")..

How can such Blashphamy come from your magazine as to show any kind of support to the "beast"? Unless it was to keep their Library card, and they knew what they had to do in order to keep it.. They had to send information back to the UN every year showing their "support efforts" so they could keep their library card.. That's a really high price to pay for a library card, don't you think.. I sure wouldn't want to blashphamy god for a library card...

Turn everything into a positive!!!!

I'd like to see an Elder try to explain the "good light" of those articles

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Hawk:

Incidentally, is there any way you can get a UN library card without being an NGO?

Could they have obtained a library card without being associated with the DPI, and filling out that form?

If the answer is yes, ask them this: "Then why did you fill out the form to become an NGO?"

If the answer is no, ask them this: "Then you must have filled out the form, as that is the only way to obtain this library card.. And the form require two signatures.."

The form that Kent has on his board, was that the form that would have been used in 1991?

THINK POSTIVE FOLKS!!! THE WT IS LYING, REMEMBER.. THEY ARE THE ONES RUNNING FROM THE TRUTH, WE ARE NOT!!! SO, USE THAT DECEIT TO OUR ADVANTAGE!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit