The Story of Minimus

by minimus 116 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Min, you're not telling me anything I didn't already know about you. We joined this board within a few days of each other and it's people like you (and a few others) that keep me coming back here.

I think it's important for you to say what you've said. I think you realize how many lurkers there are and, what with Google, you never who else may be searching that needs to read what you've had to say.

Any chance I can cajole you down here in late July?

Be well my friend,

Chris

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hey minimus I will be in Dallas in late July for the fest - but on second thoughts that may be a good reason for you to avoid it. Great deals on Southwest out of Providence RI, Manchester NH and Hartford CT to Dallas Love Field - you will have to change plane but that should be OK.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Minimus - If you were one of the fool elders who sat in on my JC to disfellowship me when I was 15, I just want to personally thank you for helping free me of one of the most anxiety-inducing, sick-minded addictions I have ever encountered. Thank you, Lord Minimus (and his henchmen)!

And thanks for the story. Glad you're here and not sitting in on any more JCs.

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Thanks minimus.

Refreshing to read an account that conveys a fairness in your experiences when you were in the organization. Your words show why you were so approachable.

brzfst

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote
    If my daughter, who was raped at nine years old by a known (to the elders) pedophile ever harms herself because of this cult, I will personally shoot the body of elders responsible. We'll see if Jehovah God can stop me.

mcsemike - I am so sorry to hear that you and your family have experienced this kind of trauma. It is hard not to feel hate over this situation. Have you and your daughter talked to anyone who specializes in dealing with this kind of situation - a counselor, I mean? It sounds like you and she have an awful lot of grief and anger to work through and it would be better not to take it out on any elders, even though it often times seems they deserve it; please find a professional in your community to discuss this with. Again, I am truly, truly sorry to hear of your terrible experience.

• kls*
    kls*

And now look what happened ! The great Jah turned him into a red M&M

Thanks Mini, have waited along time to hear your story

The one and only kls

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Thanks for sharing minimus.

My story would pale in comparison to yours. I cleaned toilets.

JH - At least you weren't doing anything you were not qualified to do; the average elder is just as qualified to clean toilets as he is to be an elder, and I suspect that most former elders might agree with my saying that it is a nobler thing to clean toilets than to invade others' lives, as elders are required to do.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The subject of JW suicides has been mentioned. I just want to say that the teachings of the WTB&TS imply that suicide is an "escape hatch" into The New World. Dubs are taught that if they die at Armageddon, they are gone forever, but if they die BEFORE Armageddon, well, then there is a possibility that they will be resurrected. A Dub in deep disabling psychic pain is unbalanced and believes that PARADISE will somehow be the solution to his problems, or at least will give him a second try... BANG!

• JH
    JH

The Story of Minimus
    You could sell a book with a title like that....

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The Story of Minimus
    You could sell a book with a title like that.... It might ask too many questions though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit