The Story of Minimus

by minimus 116 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Dino, I always have enjoyed talking with people who think they are better than moi. It's fun! Damn, I miss Farkel.

Mouthy, maybe to you, jesting is an old elder trait. I dunno.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Min: Thanks for sharing your life with us. I knew guys just like that (the old you). I am reminded of the time we had a visiting speaker. This was 15 years ago when the congo we were in was regarded as the "cream" of the circuit. We had an ex-CO as our PO, a couple of special pioneers who had been in the midwest for many years, a missionary couple who had been in in the Third World, and three or four other elders who were really good speakers/teachers. We pretty much "owned" the circuit and district assembly programs for years.

Anyway, the young man was a recent grad of the MTS. He had been sent to a nearby congo where they'd been having problems and whoever scheduled our talks thought it would be interesting to hear from him. He was maybe 24 and really full of himself. His talk was technically flawless, but he couldn't overcome his pomposity. And of course he had taken the time to call ahead to see what "problems" our congo was experiencing and wove counsel into his talk. I looked around at the uber-elders in our hall (which included me, although I was in the second tier, uber-wise). They were all painfuly uncomfortable at what felt like being talked-down-to. After he left, the conversation was mainly about the fact he wore cowboy boots with his suit. They were shiny, though!

Some poster earlier said it's not about love, it's about love of rules and appearances. So true, and why we left.

Another poster asked if we ex-elders get a sense of redemption by posting here and the answer is, well, sure. I mean, there has to be redemption. Otherwise, we all burn in hell for what we did in the name of God.

• zev
    zev

i didnt know your story, even though we met at that apostafest a couple years ago.

you certainly seem to be a level headed all around nice guy, after all that jw "stuff".

• minimus
    minimus

Willy, I appreciate your insights too!

Did you know that Californian elders were always looked down upon by NY Bethel????

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks Zev for your compliment. I enjoyed meeting you folks! We should do it again.

• minimus
    minimus

Recently, I got a pm from a poster who said he is writing a book about JWs and read this thread and wanted my permission to include my story along with other information regarding my reasons for getting out of the religion as well as my feelings on Jehovah's Witnesses at this time.

When I review where I was and how I feel now, I can't help but feel angry that this cult has gotten to so many people. The fact is that JWs as a group, cannot freely think for themselves at all. It's extremely sad to see so many decent, good people duped.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Congrats!

Hope this hasn't been asked already but....

Who will be playing You in the movie that will no doubt be released?

-BONEZZ

• minimus
    minimus

James Gandolfini

• Vinny
    Vinny

Hope this hasn't been asked already but.... Who will be playing You in the movie that will no doubt be released?

***** Pee-wee Herman.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Heyyy Tony...I know some boys over in Brooklyn who tink dere betta than us...howz 'bout you whack some of dem? Maybe send Pauley over.

-BONEZZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit