The Story of Minimus

by minimus 116 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

Thanks min for the candor. I never knew this about you before. What a huge responsibility placed on a young guy!!

There are a lot of new posters here who will benefit from your story.

Juni

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Thanks Minimus,

It was good to hear a little about you for a change!

Randy

• codeblue
    codeblue

So reading Ray Franz books made made the final moment for leaving?

I personally didn't need to read any of his books to know that..... Dateline, May 2002...last ten minutes...seeing the vicitms of the JW pedophiles started it for me. And then Stone Phillips saying: there are at least 20,000 cases not turned into the authorities......I knew then I had been duped for 35 years....

No book from anybody at Bethel could top it.

Not saying that years later I didn't read his 2 books, they did say a WHOLE lot more about the JW ethics........but I left it without ever reading it. Enough hypocrisy before it!

Codeblue

• greendawn
    greendawn

I never realised until now that you had been so dedicated to the org. I suppose the unchristian way the FDS dealt with "sinners" eventually took its toll on you. Even if we are to suppose that someone committed an error crashing them with a total and extreme shunning policy is not the way to win them back.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    started to realize how the Organization really worked. I realized that historically, it was always wrong! I saw that as a group, we were NOT encouraged to be loving......Eventually I knew I had to get out and fade.........And I did!

Bravo!

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I can't beleive it took you this long to post your story Minimus at 20,000 plus. I still havn't posted mine yet so I guess there's still hope for me.

• Numinous
    Numinous

My ex husband had been an elder also. At 24, only a few weeks after being appointed, he had to deal with two cases where each were DFed. Within days of his cousin's hearing, his cousin hung himself in a deer blind. The other waited a whole two weeks before killing himself. That one was an elder's son from a different congregation. Almost all of the elders in our congregation had gone to help on a hall build and left my husband behind to back up any problems that should come up. Of course I didn't know that he was on his judicial committee until a few nights before he left here never to return. He was sitting in the dark in the front room drinking till he was throwing up and it was everything he could do to tell me how this affected him. I do wonder how many other elders out there are suffering way deep down in their souls about a decision that was made in a hearing.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I'm glad you made it out and are able to look back and say DAMN!!! what was I thinking?????

It always amazed me how "boyz" were able to give counsel to others "women" that were years older than he??? What the hell did he know?? What experience did he have about life???

I've always felt that at age 21 - 25 (male and female) if they were raised in the truth lie, they were very immature mentally, emotionally, because they had no real life experiences!!! They were sheltered all their life WTF???

nj

• Es
    Es

WOW!!!! They started you off young hey, its pretty scary when you realise the fate that is in your hands. You must be so happy that you are out.

Good read thanks

es

• hubert
    hubert

Numinous, I'm so sorry to hear your husband went through that experience. I hope he was able to get past it later on.

I think once a person becomes an elder, he sees what a truly dysfunctional cult the W.T. really is, if he has a conscience at all.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit