Are "you all" morons OR am I the moron?

by Victoria Cruz 118 Replies latest jw friends

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

First of all, Victoria and Ring, welcome to the board.

Ring you stated,

my point was, that everything in this country
    at some point has to be registered so the goverment can keep tabs, so to speak on it.

I think it would be fair and reasonable to say that the WBTS is registered in at least some way ALREADY as a religious organization.

Also, when I registered for the draft,or whatever it is called these days. it WASNT an application, it was for informational purposes, specifically for the U.S. to know how many males were available in case of international conflict. An application is a request for membership, not not a required informational submission.

Addto this the fact that the U.N. is an INTERNATIONAL body, not just a U.S. organization, so there is no need for them to document individual organizations in ALL membership countries, and I think you can see that your claims of "registration purposes" are completely unreasonable.

Again, welcome to the board, and I hope you enjoy your participation here.

Boozy

• Michael3000
    Michael3000
    For Michael,... it's Loreal 50 I'm a hairdresser it's my biz to know. I have been every color. Red was my favorite because guyz wanted to know if I had a copper crotch.

Well, VC, I stand corrected! Loreal #50, it is.

As for the "copper crotch" - is it like having a copper top? Like Duracell, ya know? Lotsa juice? Mmmm...

--Michael

"Any day spent NOT knocking on doors is a good day!"

• ring
    ring

Boozy,larc, here is the reason I feel the way I do.inside every JW book,it says that it is printed in part by the "INTERNATIONAL BIBLE STUDENTS ASSOCIATION" I have never heard of the WBTS claim to be a U.S. organization."world Wide Organization" is the term i heard growing up.The WBTS has offices all over the world, making them
    international.

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

Great post! I feel like I am a spectator at a boxing match.

• siegswife
    siegswife

ring, Let's suppose that the International Bible Students (WTBTS) HAD to register with the UN. Upon reading the requirements of this 'mandatory' registration that said they HAD TO SUPPORT AND PROMOTE the UN and its agencies, they should have refused. "We shall obey God rather than men."
    They obviously WEREN'T mandated to register since they are now disassociated, so what does that mean? Not only did they agree to 'obey men rather than God' by agreeing to promote the activities of the 'wild beast', but they deliberately set out to do this very thing.
    How on earth can the WTBTS promote 'God's Kingdom' and the kingdom of the wild beast in the same magazine without accountability?

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Ring....good points, but the fact remains, the United Nations has no need to "register" the WBTS. My statement stands-the WBTS volentarily APPLIED for membership. The fact that they have now disassociated themselves shows that it wasn't REQUIRED.

Boozy

• Victoria Cruz
    Victoria Cruz

Well, VC, I stand corrected! Loreal #50, it is.

As for the "copper crotch" - is it like having a copper top? Like Duracell, ya know? Lotsa juice? Mmmm...

--Michael

I don't know I'll have to let you know after my man gets home for lunch... his tongue is my moisture meter.

• Victoria Cruz
    Victoria Cruz

Boozy,larc, here is the reason I feel the way I do.inside every JW book,it says that it is printed in part by the "INTERNATIONAL BIBLE STUDENTS ASSOCIATION" I have never heard of the WBTS claim to be a U.S. organization."world Wide Organization" is the term i heard growing up.The WBTS has offices all over the world, making them
    international.

Ring the best advice I have for you is to listen to both sides. Then make a decision on how you feel about it. That is what I told the WT legal department last night. Witnesses have a right to know. And they said they have every intention on responding to this matter. This whole UN incident isn't going to bring down a billion dollar corporation like they hope. Also, their response how truthful or not truthful isn't going to make them or break them either. It's impossible to bring down a world wide religious orginization. If the Hindu Holocaust and Iquisition/Pedophile priest isn't going to bring down the catholics or muslim this won't bring down the WT. Whether or not they should be that's a matter of opinion.

• Pureheart
    Pureheart

To the member of the KKK. We certainly don't need your kind of hatred in here.

• larc
    larc

Victoria,

You and ring do a lot of steriotyping and the attacking of a straw man. Ring did it with his statement about senior poster which I challenged. Now you are doing it with your assertion the "we" believe that this UN fiasco will bring down this religion. Your premise about our beliefs is totally unfounded, and you are attacking a stereotype of what you think we believe. Do a survey regarding your assumption about us, before you stereotype us. There have been many long discussions about the impact of events on the religion, and many views have been expressed. We are not one single minded group that can be pigeon holed and categorized. We tend to take a dim view of the term "moron" as applied to all of us, or the term "attacker" as applied to all of us. People and life are more complex than that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit