Are "you all" morons OR am I the moron?

by Victoria Cruz 118 Replies latest jw friends

• mommy
    mommy

Hey Victoria
    Welcome! First I want to say it is early and the caffeine has not kicked in yet, so bear with me. I spent a bit of time in Yahoo chat last night with some active Jw's. They had the same line of reasoning that you presented. I was told that because there is a statement by the UN...and I don't have the exact quote now, but it states that being an NGO does not constitute membership in the UN. Well that is all they needed to hear. But really it goes much deeper than that. If you want to investigate information, and stop investigating when you find information that is in agreement with your thoughts, this is really not investigatting.

There are pages at the UN site that list criteria that are required to become an NGO. IF you would like I can provide the specific links to them. The first on the list of the criteria is as follows:

a) The NGO must support and respect the principles of the Charter of the United Nations;

Also a few last night stated that it was "just a list" containing the WTBTS name. Which IMO is hockeypucks. Why would a national organization put another national organizations name on the list of "current NGO's" if this is not the case? The DPI is not a fly by night organization that goes around for no good reason adding peoples names to their list. There is much more involved including an application and references that the org had prior involvement in the Un:

f) The NGO should have a satisfactory record of collaboration with UN Information Centres/Services or other parts of the UN System prior to association;

There is an entire website that discusses everything about NGO's and the DPI association with the UN. If you really want an answer you need to investigate yourself. My mothers first reaction was, "It is just a list they are on" Which appeased her mind, but it is not as simple as that. And it is far, far from the truth.

As a side note, I am glad you escaped and hope that you continue to show up here, and ask any questions you feel fit, this is an open discussion board. Moron or not, we all have stupid questions or ideas that need to be bounced off others Gush knows I do, and I am probably the biggest offender on the board.
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Victoria, I'm pretty sure I'm not a moron, but I have not seen any "hypocrisy" displayed in any organized manner by ex-jw's. For that matter, I've seen very little hypocrisy from individual ex-jw's (certainly not to the extent of individual jw's). Could you elaborate on what you mean by that?

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

my cat is a moron

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am pretty sure Victoria is not the same Victoria that is on Greatcrowd.net..........her mouth is too trashy

Yes, Victoria, we have a moderator, but he is very liberal. You will experience free speech on this board, unlike some others I've been on lately. Hahahahaha

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "Those who know, don't say, and those who say, don't know."

• Michael3000
    Michael3000
    my cat is a moron

Now, now, BBOY - let's leave Fred Hall out of this. Besides, Freddie never uses Clairol Blonde #37 on HIS hair (as, evidently, Ms. Cruz does - check out her pic by clicking on her website/globe thingy)

--Michael

"Any day spent NOT knocking on doors is a good day!"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Victoria,your IQ would have to double,for you to be a moron!

• siegswife
    siegswife

Victoria, The Department of Public Information is a vehicle of the UN to get their message out to, you guessed it, the public. It's only purpose in life is to do that. It informs the public of situations, solutions, etc. that exist in the world. It's called PR, or Public Relations. The Watchtower agreed to use THEIR vehicles, the publications (it appears they used AWAKE), to aid the DPI in its efforts to inform the public about the UN's efforts in these areas. Are you with me so far?
    What this boils down to is that the WTBTS entered into an agreement to PROMOTE the UN's Agenda. Even though they did this in a very limited manner, (all one has to do is look at every issue of the AWAKE magazine to see SOME reference to a UN agency) the fact remains that they did do it. They became a mouthpiece FOR the UN.
    It is up to the witnesses that get this info to determine how this fits in with what they've been told by the society.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

I think what first tipped me off was the "United Nations" letterhead ;-)

TS,

• somebody
    somebody

I was going to say what Tevor said. That was the first thing I noticed on the fax. notice the very top line that contains the date and time etc, too. the letterhead can be viewed here in case you want to take a look. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=13530&site=3 Once you view the letterhead, the answer to your question of who is the moron here will be plain to see.

peace,
    somebody

• nelly136
    nelly136

hi victoria,
    nice to meet you,
    if youre in any doubt about how well the watchtower org has met its criteria of promoting UN causes, you could always pop along to http://www.watchtower.org (official watchtower site)
    and put UN or united nations in the search engine, change the show 20 to show 50 or more?,
    I did post a few of the links on the UN thread but there were more I just got bored cutting and pasting.
    nelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit