Are "you all" morons OR am I the moron?

by Victoria Cruz 118 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

Hello, E-man. How's that fine daughter-in-law of yours?

A "board biggee"? Same as "senior posters," I guess. A ludicrous label, as you know. Hell, pay no attention to me, E-man. You know that by now.

peace,
    tj
    "We can't all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by." -- Will Rogers

• Prisca
    Prisca

tina said:

Forget the tripe being shoved at you from a couple of idiots who don't know a troll when it appears and simply use it as a platform to yet again-ad nauseum-use it to air their insecure petty grievances.
    bwaaahahahah,they're good for a lff tho lolol.luv,T

Now here is a typical example of what I was speaking of. Instead of countering the argument with a few logical points, or a good reason why the previous points raised are incorrect, this person resorts to name-calling and insults. Notice the lack of proper grammar from a person who talks about giving "lectures" and writing "papers".

Hmmmm.....

• Prisca
    Prisca

Also note the incorrect use of hyphenation. This is an example of someone who is in so much of a hurry to get their childish insults out, that they forget to proof read what they have written.

• larc
    larc

teejay,

Since I was the one who recommended that Victoria "chill out", I would like to point out that up to that point in the dialoge, no insults had be hurled by posters regarding Victoria other than the reply they we were not the morons as she implied, rather, she was. Thus, I was not ignoring insults by others. These insults came later. I suggested to Victoria that she "chill out" because she was unique as the only one going beyond the term, moron. At this point she had used the following terms: numbskull, shit for brains, shoving a pole up your ass, asshole, drop your draws and grab your ankles.

Teejay, next time you quote me, try to get the context, since you now qualify as a poster biggie with your recent contributions, including original threads.

• teejay
    teejay

Since I was the one who recommended that Victoria "chill out", I would like to point out that up to that point in the dialoge, no insults had be hurled by posters regarding Victoria other than the reply they we were not the morons as she implied, rather, she was.

That's not entirely true, Larc. A poster said, "How do you know a moron is using a computer? See Victoria Cruz." It was AFTER that that you said "chill."

Thus, I was not ignoring insults by others. These insults came later.

A distinction with no difference and you know it. Even if I had the timing of the comments wrong, since then you have not encouraged a pursuit of the high road on the part of the longtime poster(s) who needlessly abused a newbie. Why is that? Is it because said longtime poster(s) has "high credibility" with you and you must maintain that view in your own eyes? Curious, Larc, very curious... but not surprising. I thought you'd learned, though.

I suggested to Victoria that she "chill out" because she was unique as the only one going beyond the term, moron. At this point she had used the following terms: numbskull, shit for brains, shoving a pole up your ass, asshole, drop your draws and grab your ankles.

Of course, taking her words out of context might help you prove your point but you characteristically avoid the whole truth. In quoting her comments above, you hide the fact that she was merely responding to the insults of others about which you remain silent. I don't need to point that out to you point by point, but I will if I have to, and you KNOW that.

Of course, she could have asked her question in a less provocative manner, so she is not entirely innocent. Yet, that does not excuse the words used against her. Just because someone acts childishly does not require or force me to respond to them in kind. I can be above the fray if I know how and have the will. I do, and I do.

next time you quote me, try to get the context, since you now qualify as a poster biggie

I have nothing but contempt for labels like "biggie," "senior poster", and use them myself only as an off-handed insult. Such labels are juvenile and worthless to me. Sorta like "elder" and "overseer." Please save them for someone who gives a shit. Thank you.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Victoria:

The answer is Yes. You pick the question.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• larc
    larc

teejay,

Regarding your first quote of mine that you listed, it was "entirely true". At the point of my attempt to bring peace, only the word, moron had been exchanged. Now regarding my listing of Victoria's vulgar language, yes, you will have to go through it point by point, as I did before my last post. Other people disagreed with her, but did not use that kind of language. As far as me taking the high road, I did when I wrote to ring that I agreed with him that other people went into the attack mode and he and Victoria should call people on it, as I have done on other threads. I used the word "biggie" because you did. Whether you like it or not, you are in your own category now.

• larc
    larc

teejay,

Out of 3243 people who are registered to post, only 20 people have posted more than you have. Welcome to the "biggie" club.

• teejay
    teejay

I'm not going to get into it with you over this, but I would like to ask a question, Larc.

Unless she hurries over to do some editing, tina called Victoria (a newbie) a moron and soon after you told Victoria to chill. (I guess to you, "moron" is not an insult.) Is that timeline accurate? Fair enough.

Afterwards, tina (bearing the meaningless "jedi" label) went to the trouble, over several posts, to call her "Rosie Rottencrotch," "twathead," and "troll" which she later defined as "an unsavory dishonest character." For whatever reason, unless I missed it, you saw no need to get tina to tone down her insulting words and tone while not hesitating earlier to tell the newbie to "chill out." Why is that?

If Victoria's responses to other insults on page one merited a "chill out" from you, why didn't your sense of fairness move you to say SOMETHING to your fellow jedi friend, as grossly insulting as SHE was?

Weeks ago when you cataloged those posters who, to you, had "high credibility," I asked you what you meant. One of those on your list was tina. I'm beginning to see what you mean by "high credibility."

For the record, as far as the way "senior posters" and "board biggie" is used, more is involved than having a certain number of posts. My personal definition is one whose person or opinions are held in high esteem or given more weight or consideration than most; one of the "in" crowd.

I'm pretty sure that at JW.com, that distinction does not describe me, but that's cool, since it's not one I ever meant to reach. I embrace the outsider role, one who is unafraid to say whatever to whoever. Been that way all my life and I see no reason to change now.

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." -- Mark Twain

• teejay
    teejay

Thanks for pointing out that I'm one of twenty... uh... fools?

People without a life?

People who like to see their own words on a website?

Twenty WHAT?

Over at http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?site=3&id=13530&page=4, "sapo" makes a very first post. The label says "newbie" but the post reflects an insight that is very far from elementary.

Some get off on the labels here (they probably always did) starting new threads when they reach a certain number of posts, but thinking people know that the stupid labels don't mean a doggone thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit