Are "you all" morons OR am I the moron?

by Victoria Cruz 118 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Teejay,

I am sorry I got you upset, board biggie. You seem to be getting emotional and that is not like you.

Now, as far as my agreeing with Mommy, I did that because I agreed with her. Seems sensible to me. I have had major disagreements with her as well. Also, I have had major disagreements with Kent and JanH which you consider memebers of the elite. I have also disagreed with Waiting, who I consider a friend. On the other hand, I have been known it agree with you and even compliment you, on occasion. So, you do not have a monopoly in calling it as you see it.

What is a corporate type, and why are you resorting to stereotyping? How do corporate types differ from truck driver types?

My comments to ring are relevant because I clearly stated that they had been attacked and had a perfect right to call people on this. I explained later to you that I thought Tina was wrong in the language that she used, but you ignored that and came back with the fact that I suggested that Victoria chill out AFTER tina called her a moron. You might want to go back and check the time of Tina's post. It was at 4:22. My post to Victoria was at 4:24. Hence, I was writing my post while Tina's went up and therefore I didn't see it. After that Tina and Victoria got into it. At 4:36 I gave Victoria some words of encouragement and went to bed, as I was dead tired and didn't need to enter the fray between the two women. At the time I wrote my chill out comment along with my opinion about the UN situation, Victoria was not facing an "onslaught" as you assert. I don't think that Victoria took my words as a "censure" as you assert, since she has not said anything negative to me or about me. My comment was tied into a rational statement of my view of the situation she had asked about. By the time I came back to the board the following evening, the fight appeared to be over, hence, I felt no need to comment on it. I did comment on ring's remarks who asserted, as you did, that most if not all of the "seniors" are attackers. As I pointed to him, 75% of the most frequent posters do not fit this category.

At one point, you state that perhaps that those with the most posts are fools, and have no life. Later, when I stated that I am going to watch a football game, you state that I am running and hiding. So, I am damned if I do (fool with no life) and damned if I don't (running and hiding). Since you are now of the elite, with your good threads (not cloths) you have contributed lately, perhaps you could guide me in reaching a proper balance.

Last but not least. My team won; I hope yours does too. This would help reduce the stress I put you under.

By the way I chuckled all the way through your thread - quite amusing.

• larc
    larc

Victoria,

In all the turmoil, I forgot to welcome you to the board.

I have one question. You wrote that you had called the UN and the WT to get the info. from the "horses mouth" as it were. I can't recall you writing what you found out personally.

Kenny and Andee,

Welcome. I would suggest you start a thread on a subject of interest to you. Most people here are nice, as Victoria observed in writing to one of you. In my case, it is not my style to hurl insults at people. I will challenge their ideas, if I think they are invalid. Just don't take it personally. I know I don't.

• Andee
    Andee

Hey there, VC,

I can't believe the big deal made about the title of the thread lol. Anyone who has read a lot of this forum which I have and thinks it's all about being nicey-wicey and answering "sincere questions" is seriously fooling themselves.

I never said that or even implied that everyone is sweet as sugar on this forum. I have a hard time believing you have read this forum extensively and then are "suprised" by the response of your title subject. I have asked a few, what I consider "naive" questions here and NEVER got a hostile response. I am certainly not "nicey-wicey". In most posts I am certainly not shy about using a cuss word or two

There are hundreds of insults about JW's. But OMG don't even think about putting a negative connotation on anyone but the JW's. That is what I meant in my previous thread about Ex-JWs and hypocrisy.

Yeah, sure, there is some hypocrisy. Just like in the rest of the world. Generally, though, the negative connotations are backed by FACTS. Such as the WTS disassociating themselves from the UN as a NGO after decades of preaching about their evilness. Gee, why would anyone get pissed about that?

Some individuals on here have paid a monumental personal cost by leaving the WTS. Some of lost nearly all their family and friends. They were born to it and are now struggling to put together a life on the "outside". They carry heavy baggage and it sometimes show in their posts. I, as well as you, have a choice on whose opinions you respect and those you ignore.

And what you call the "angry, hostile, and lost souls" maybe they are just being themselves now?

Well, I suppose if they are just being themselves, so be it! They are certainly free to choose to be angry, hostile and lost. However, that is MY opinion, and just like you, I am entitled to it. Anyway, I was referring to the board in general, not YOU in particular.

And just because they don't conform to the "I'm sweet I sugar coat everything, even insults" doesn't mean they are really what you say. I don't have to pretend I'm something that I'm not anymore. And neither should they.

You are right. It doesn't. Again, it's MY opinion. By the way, what were you before? A sincere question, mind you.

Anyway, my dear, you are free to be just about anyway you want on this here DB. However, it's a double edged sword. The posters on here on free to respond to you just about anyway they choose also.

And I do believe you threw out the first "numbskull" to dungbeetle.

Andee

• Andee
    Andee

sheesh! Larc!

You have already welcomed me! Dontcha remember????

In fact, you answered one of my "sincere" questions.

It was during the infamous "Noahs Ark" thread

Andee

• larc
    larc

Andee,

Excuse me. I am a retired, abscent minder professor, so I have two excuses. Retired, as in closer to senility, and abscent minded and in forgetful.

• Victoria Cruz
    Victoria Cruz

Yeah, sure, there is some hypocrisy. Just like in the rest of the world. Generally, though, the negative connotations are backed by FACTS. Such as the WTS disassociating themselves from the UN as a NGO after decades of preaching about their evilness. Gee, why would anyone get pissed about that? >

Ofcourse, they should be pissed. But before I tell any of my JW family members I want to make sure that I know the answers to the questions that they will ask. Like, is the DPI the same as the UN. I was a JW I know what they are going to ask.

You are right. It doesn't. Again, it's MY opinion. By the way, what were you before? A sincere question, mind you.>

I was a JW that was to damn nice. I looked up to the men that were "taking the lead". And ended up realizing that they were dickless wonders. I was pressured into going to Pioneer school. And hated every minute of it lol. Let's just say I was a push over. But I do realize it was my fault. I should have stood up for myself. There is a lot more typical stories.

Anyway, my dear, you are free to be just about anyway you want on this here DB. However, it's a double edged sword. The posters on here on free to respond to you just about anyway they choose also.>

I wouldn't expect anything less.

And I do believe you threw out the first "numbskull" to dungbeetle.>

Yeah, I did... you are a numbskull if you can't answer a simple question. And then go into some piss-poor response like "go out in service, pray more, go to meetings it will make everything better". Like I even pray or do anything of those things.

• Victoria Cruz
    Victoria Cruz

In all the turmoil, I forgot to welcome you to the board.>

Thank You

I have one question. You wrote that you had called the UN and the WT to get the info. from the "horses mouth" as it were. I can't recall you writing what you found out personally.>

Since I had read a post with someone stating not to call the UN anymore because they were being bombarded with calls I felt bad. But I had to. So I explained as best I could to my cousin everything I knew. I said lets ask them 3 questions and make it short. So I let her write down what she wanted to know. This is how it went.

Did the Watchtower apply for an NGO status. Answer. Yes

Do you have to support the ideas of the UN in order to be accepted. Answer. Ofcourse

Did the WT dissasociate themselves from the NGO status. Answer. Yes

So then my cousin started crying. I was like awwww crap. So I said well lets call the WT and ask them. So I did.

Here is how that went after being transferred 3 times.

I asked, are you a NGO in the UN? Answer. No. (Ok that was stupid because they had dissasociated themselves lol)

I asked, are you going to send a letter to the congregations regarding this matter. Answer. No

I asked, were you ever a NGO in the UN? Answer. If you want to know anything write to the WT.

I asked, whats the address? Answer. It's on the back of any WT publication. You can get it from there.

I said, I can't I burned them. (I really didn't but he was such a drone I had to say something smart azz.

*Click*

Then my cousin really started crying so then I called the legal department. She was nicer. She said she didn't know how they got there. But that they would answer any questions if you sent them a letter. After *they* received info. Or you could wait to read a explanation in the "Questions for our Readers". And that's how it went.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for sharing your experience with calling the UN and the WTS.

I'm sorry for your cousin getting hurt by the information. I know how I would feel if I was still a loyal dub. Even so, I was still shocked when I found out this information. It's just so contrary to what they told us regarding the UN. To think they got into bed with the UN is soooo hypocritical of them.

And welcome to the board. Hope you stick around.

• larc
    larc

Victoria,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Sorry that your relative took it so hard, but maybe it will be for the best.

Regarding the WT answer, if appears that they are unwilling to give direct answers like the UN did, because they have to engage in some "theocratic warfare," i.e., lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit