Have You Ever Met A "Celebrity" or Actually See One Face To Face?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• BFD
    BFD

I once met Joan Rivers in person.

However, I would not describe it as a face to face meeting because I'm not so sure it is still her face.

BFD

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

I once had an interesting chat with Stevie Ray Vaughan. I didn't know at the time that he was famous. I complimented him on his guitar playing and told him I thought he had talent. He was cool; while he could have justifiably laughed right in my face, he nicely thanked me for the encouragement. A year or two later I found out he was like, the greatest guitar player of all time. I've met Stephen King, but pretty much everybody in Maine has met him, so it was cool, but not a rare occurrence. I've also met, in the course of my work: Stockard Channing (really nice lady,) Kevin Costner (HUGE jerk,) and Christopher Lloyd (quite personable, but seemed rather sad.)

• minimus
    minimus

I'm impressed with how many here have met such stars!

• MR. BORN AGAIN
    MR. BORN AGAIN

I met Michael Jackson at a Kingdom Hall. It was a LOOONG time ago. It was right before Off The Wall. I think his parents were close to one of the witness families and he was tagging alone. He was still pretty normal then, just shook his hand...he was very quiet as I remember.

• delilah
    delilah

Well, speaking of Kim Mitchell, I did attend the same high school as he did, only a few years AFTER he did. He had carved his name in a locker near the locker I had in grade 9.

My parents know the Gretzky's.....I met Wayne, personally, when we were 3 and 4 years old respectively.

Does this count?

• greendawn
    greendawn

I saw the queen of England on two occasions and the actress Sharon Stone in Cannes during the film festival in 2002.

• minimus
    minimus

How did Sharon Stone look?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have you all beat.

At a grand opening, I met Ronald McDonald and the Hamburglar.

At different amusement parks, I met Mickey Mouse (the biggest of all) and Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck also.

President Jimmy Carter (while president) shook my hand as he was greeting people on his way out
    from a speech.

ALL TRUE STORIES.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I met Mike Farrell and Shelley Fabres at a social event in 1990. We talked for a few minutes, they seemed like nice enough people.

• ninja
    ninja

Meanwhile Borat is saying to his friends...I met ninja!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit