Have You Ever Met A "Celebrity" or Actually See One Face To Face?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I talked to Charlton Heston on the phone once when I was a receptionist for a bankruptcy accounting firm who were handling the bankruptcy of a local studio. He wanted to rent the studio for a film he was making in town. He really does come across as quite pompous. He kept repeating his name to me because I guess I didn't gasp and swoon sufficiently when he said who he was the first time. Also, I couldn't magically pull the accountant he wanted to talk to out of a meeting and make him come to the phone. He had to leave a message and wait for a call back like everyone else. I guess he didn't like that.

My husband also met Robert Redford in the 1970's when he shared a ski lift with him in Utah. He said he was very nice. Just chit chatted like a regular guy.

Cog

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

On several occasions I watched Armand Assante and Robert Duval in the filming of "Belizaire the Cajun" at Acadian Village in Lafayette, La. where I worked. Another time, I met Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter in Plains, Ga.; had my picture taken with them. When Maya Angelou came to FSU, I attended her lecture. Finally, at two separate Prison Fellowship functions, I met Chuck Colson, involved in the Nixon Watergate scandal, who did prison time and later founded Prison Fellowship and Jack Murphy (Murph the Surf), the famous jewel thief, now reformed.

• poppers
    poppers

I came face to face with Sid Caesar in a PX once while I was in the service. He was on base to give a show. I remember how well dressed he was and how he carried himself with such an air of confidence and presence - maybe it was his retinue that was following him helped project such an image. I also met, talked, and walked with actress Lisa Bonet, who played Denise on The Cosby Show. She seemed very nice. I once had a conversation with professional baseball player Paul Molitor while boarding a plane to California. He was very down to earth and likeable. I got to see him play numerous games with the Brewers while I was living in Milwaukee the year they went to the World Series, which is one of the things we talked about.

• brinjen
    brinjen

I once met Rocky & Habib from 'Pizza' (comedy show on oz tv about a lebonese pizza shop). They invited me to a premiere of the first episode of the new series. Bumped into them on the street again that night before the show started. They were really nice, down to earth guys.

Mr. Brinjen is currently bragging to everyone he's helping with one of the sets for a movie set to be partially filmed around here. Starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman. Apparently he may even get a mentioning in the films credits. He's met most of the producers but sadly, no Nicole.

• free2think
    free2think

I've seen Jude Law and Sadie Frost quite a few times, and I spoke to him once, he wanted a chair from my table at a cafe..

I've also see Dustin Hoffman as an open air theater, he was there with his family.

• bernadette
    bernadette

I've spoken to Helena Bonham Carter and Jonathan Ross in the ministry. Also seen Mel C in a coffee shop and Janet street Porter too.

• gymbob
    gymbob

I met Michael Jackson @ bethel back in 76'-or 77'....also George Benson @ bethel. The most famous person I ever met was the emperor of Japan, Herohito.

When I was a tour guide at Mammoth Onyx Cave in Kentucky back in 75', he and his family came into the park with about 50 Secret Service guys...I gave them all a private tour of the cave and Herohito gave me a $5 tip when the tour was over!

• minimus
    minimus

This thread reeks of creature worship.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I fortgot to mention I met OJ Simpson before he was infamous and he shook my hand. It was a public speaking competition back in the late 70's and he was one of my judges. All he said about my speech was " Good Job!"

• minimus
    minimus

I'm glad he didn't stab you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit