Have You Ever Met A "Celebrity" or Actually See One Face To Face?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

From my pictures thread...

I've got a few snapshots of celebrities. In 1986, Tom Selleck was filming Magnum P.I. just down the street from my house, so I went down to the pool area and took a bunch of candids (good thing I had film!). Here's a few:

Several years earlier, I also took a bunch of pictures at the estate that was featured in the show, as I was a guest there once. Another celeb I got was Sylvester Stallone in Waikiki in 1995 or so:

I also met Michael Dukakis, Ted Kennedy, Will Wright, Jimmy Shaw, Noam Chomsky, and my tennis idol... Kim Clijsters!!!

• ninja
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

Whoa, is that Mr. Sexy time himself?? What was he like in person?

• ninja
    ninja

really friendly...Leo....he was .....NICE!!!!!!!!!

• minimus
    minimus

On Halloween night, I saw a guy that looked just like Borat.....(guess that doesn't count).

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Famous people I have met:

Robert Redford: on a ski lift.

John Candy: while he was filming a movie. I forget the name of the movie, but it was the one in which he was required to dress in drag in order to escape the bad guys.

R.C. Gorman: Native American painter who used to patronize a restaurant I waited tables at.

Sandy Koufax: Former Los Angeles Dodger. Came into a store a used to manage.

Richard Dreyfuss: Came into the same store right after Mr. Holland's Opus. I told him how dissapointed I was that he lost that year. I thought it was one of his better roles.

Richard Riordan: Former Mayor of Los Angeles.

Bill Richardson: Former Congressman, U.S. Ambassador, current Governor of New Mexico & candidat for the Democratic Presidential nomination. He spoke to my Civics class in High School.

Antonio Villaraigosa: Current Mayor of Los Angeles.

Ervin "Magic" Johnson: Former Los Angeles Laker.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Iwas doing the night shift at Mac's Milk and Kim Mitchel came in. I sold him a dozen eggs. I had no idea who he was at the time.

I met Fredrick W. Franz at a convention in the early 80's. I asked him what would become of sex in the new system when the earth was full. I waited in line 2 hours for this knob and he said in a very rude tone. I DON"T KNOW! Well for a guy that been full time pioneering for 70years has rubbed shoulders with ct russel and is the epicentre of the witness universe. You better know man!

I met Prime Minister Jean Chretein at the centenneial flame on parliament hill on the eve of the millenium. He was with his film crew and there were crowds of people watching him. For some reason he spotted me and came over, walking by all kinds of folks and warmly shook my hand and wished me a happy new year. Unbeleivably a 6 foot 4 cronie of his came by after the greeting and body slammed me to the ground. I looked at him in disbeleif along with everyone else and he said " Im just doing my job." I guess that's how Chretein greets people.

• minimus
    minimus

Franz didn't care about paradisaic sex since he wasn't gettin' any...... He only cared about only about making rules about sex.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Yes that may be so Minimus, but I was only 16 years old. Matters of sex are of more importance when your younger. I didn't know he was such grump. I guess my expectations were dashed by his rudeness because he was supposed to have holy spirit. In fairness I suppose he was blind and couldn't see my age or maybe he was tired who knows.

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

I didn't get out much as a Witness! But after I left "The Org." I started hitting the clubs. One night in a club I saw and met ex-basketball player Charles Barkley. He shook my hand and gave me the final score of the 76ers game.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit