Have You Ever Met A "Celebrity" or Actually See One Face To Face?

by minimus 82 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

While I was in New York I walked by two men and one looked like the comedian Jackie Mason whom I adore. I looked at him and said, "I just wanted to say how much I enjoy your shows. I've seen you perform a number of times". He said, Thank you" and with a wry smile said "keep coming to my shows". In return I said, By the way, if it wasn't for me, you wouldn't look so good." (He's an immaculate dresser). He asked, "Why's that?" I responded, "because of all the tickets I bought for your shows----this is the reason you look so good!

He looked at me and said, "you're a very funny man" and walked away.

• erandir
    erandir

Yeah...I saw Anthony Quinn at the Dallas airport in passing on one of those little passenger shuttle cars they use in the airport. That was back in 2000 or 2001...shortly before he died. Coincidentally, he's from the same state as my father-in-law: Chihuahua, Mexico.

• daystar
    daystar

One year we were attending an assembly and we'd gone to Arby's for lunch. Who should we see walk in and cut in front of everyone in the line?

William "The Refrigerator" Perry!

alt

• minimus
    minimus

I LOVE Marilu Henner! I saw her also in NYC while she had her daytime show. I saw last year's Miss America at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square and told her she was "beautiful" and she graciously thanked me.

• Mary
    Mary

Several years ago when I lived in Calgary, they were filming Superman 3. While the movie ended up being horrible, I will never forget seeing Christopher Reeves less than 10 feet away from me. We all took off from work so we could watch them film. It was the scene where he rips the top off of a car. Anyway, they yell "cut!" so he (Christopher Reeves) was just standing there on top of the car waiting for the next scene. With his Superman outfit on standing up on top of the car, he looked at me and smiled. I just melted. He was even better looking in real life than in the movies.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I'm always seeing "stars".

Warlock

• watson
    watson

Uh......Mary......"several years ago?

• kid-A
    kid-A

I met Prince Charles when he visited my University in Toronto. He wasn't pretentious at all, but rather very witty and charming.

• Navigator
    Navigator

I ran into James Arness (Matt Dillion of Gunsmoke fame) on a river boat in Germany. I won a bottle of wine from my buddy who bet me that it wasn't him. He was so pleased to run into Americans on the boat and the fact that I addressed him as James Arness and not as Matt Diillon that he chatted with us for 5 or 6 minimutes. I also ran into Sterling Holloway (voice of Kaa the snake in Jungle Book, and the voice of Winnie the Pooh) on a airplane flying out of Hong Kong. He wanted to know how I recognized him as everyone knew what he sounded like, but few knew what he looked like. I explained that I recognized him from the old William Bendix TV series (he played the kooky neighbor). He responded by saying "They are all dead now". This was 1972 and in fact he was the only living character from that show.

• Mary
    Mary
    Uh......Mary......"several years ago?"

Yep.....It was several years ago.......1984 I think........I was a youngun!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit